Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Arrested in PHILLY.....

What did you tell FL that they gave you a new license? (lost, stolen, etc?)

And was it a new one or just a re-issue of your other one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dametheman View Post
    I got arrested in Philly on a narcotics misdermener. (i think thats how you spell it)...I had my firearm and a PA LTCF and a FL LTCF. Long story short...Delaware county suspended it, and FL sent me a new one....Does anybody know WHATS THAT ABOUT?.....I just want to know if I can still carry?????

signed Confused but Happy..lol
    My GF and I were just reading this and we've come to the conclusion that in your case you should spell it... misDUMBeanor. Just sayin'. You're giving all of us LAW ABIDING persons a bad rep.

Can't wait to see someone stumble across this post and read more on the site and try to rip all of us apart cause this guy got a narcotics misDUMBeanor while possessing a valid PA LTCF and FL CWP. Awesome... NOT.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    Sure a "suspension" isn't lawful, but if the Sheriff isn't sure his permit should be revoked I find it hard to jump on the guilty bandwagon until we learn more.
    Suspensions might me more common that you suspect. When I was picking up my current permit in Allegheny County, a well dress, well spoken young black man came in and announced that his girlfriend had take out a PFA order against him and the judge told him that he had to turn in his carry permit until the matter was settled. The clerk took it, he asked for a receipt but she refused to give him one, put it in an envelop and stuck it into a file drawer, telling the young man that when the PFA was dropped, he could get it back. Doesn't sound like a formal revocation to me.

(Philadelphia County)

I was arrested not charged......PAY ATTENTION TO THE POST.......

Yet... The story sounds shady to me. I don't think they'd give you a narcotics misDUMBeanor unless you were in possession of something illegal. Either way, you're giving us a bad name.

(Philadelphia County)

No that guy who shot the kid 4 times in the chest (for what he said) he was breaking in his car IS.... giving guys like you a bad name......

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    Suspensions might me more common that you suspect. When I was picking up my current permit in Allegheny County, a well dress, well spoken young black man came in and announced that his girlfriend had take out a PFA order against him and the judge told him that he had to turn in his carry permit until the matter was settled. The clerk took it, he asked for a receipt but she refused to give him one, put it in an envelop and stuck it into a file drawer, telling the young man that when the PFA was dropped, he could get it back. Doesn't sound like a formal revocation to me.
    They may be somewhat common, it certainly doesn't change the law though (granted you haven't suggested it does).

Without knowing the details I have to suspect that the judge was in the wrong to make such an order. I don't know the laws surrounding PFA's very well though, so there could be something in there I'm unaware of.

What I have learned though is that many Sheriffs' office staffers have NEVER read 6109 or other portions of the UFA, so your story doesn't surprise me at all. After all, Allegheny County's LTCF has a statement on the back that contradicts with actual facts of law, and putting that statement on there was approved by the PSP.

(Lehigh County)

No that guy who shot the kid 4 times in the chest (for what he said) he was breaking in his car IS.... giving guys like you a bad name......
    The very manner in which you are posting is hurting your credibility. A bit of civility, and perhaps further clarification of the events of your arrest, will go a long way towards correcting incorrect assumptions about you. However, confrontational posts such as the ones you have been making don't help you at all with other posters.

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Arrested in PHILLY.....

Why are you guys busting the OP's balls, particularly without provocation?

Personal attacks are against the rules here, remember?

Seems pretty ungentlemanly, especially around Christmastime.

(Philadelphia County)

Red face Re: Arrested in PHILLY.....

THANK YOU Yentl

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast