Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default sbr ak-47 with folding stock and front grip?

little confused on what this would make it. putting a stock on would make it a sbr but would putting a front grip on it turn it into a aow? or does the stock cancel that out. or is it even legal to do both? also if any one has experience with nfa paper work in westchester how hard was it?
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

Default Re: sbr ak-47 with folding stock and front grip?

If there was no stock(pistol) and it had a VFG it would be an AOW, but an SBR w/ an VFG is still an SBR AFAIK. I don't believe the type of stock comes into play.

(Chester County)

that's what I figured too. I mean you can only fall into one category or the other correct?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    little confused on what this would make it. putting a stock on would make it a sbr but would putting a front grip on it turn it into a aow? or does the stock cancel that out. or is it even legal to do both? also if any one has experience with nfa paper work in westchester how hard was it?
    Does this AK have a stock already, or is it an AK pistol right now? If it has a stock it can never be a AOW ever, even if you take the stock off and put a VFG on it. AOW are purely handguns that have never had a shoulder stock.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Does this AK have a stock already, or is it an AK pistol right now? If it has a stock it can never be a AOW ever, even if you take the stock off and put a VFG on it. AOW are purely handguns that have never had a shoulder stock.
    this is all theoretical at the moment I haven't bought any thing yet. I liked the idea of having a ak pistol but I've been told they are not accurate at all. but I think a full size ak doesn't fit my needs. I need some thing that will "get me out of dodge" if things go south. some thing I can use in a car if need be. that's why I'm thinking a side folding sbr'd ak with some kind of red dot sight.