Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Note from PSP - return property *Sold stolen firearm* Update

Please see Post 34 for update

Today the wife found a note in the door after being indispose to call a cprl with the PSP. Worst part wife was worried something happened tome since she saw unmarked car and guy in a suit (saw as he was pulling out from above floor). Once I was able to call her back and calm her down we went from there.

I called after she had no luck and was informed a firearm I purchased probably a yr ago was stolen. After speaking with him found he had visited dealer I purchased from then dropped the note at my house. Good news is the dealer is willing to work with me to buy replacement with store credit and because of this site I had some intelligent questions for the PSP. I will be given a receipt and removed as owner. Overall a crappy situation but hoping it works out ok. I know if my property was stolen I'd be happy to get it back.

Any thoughts or comments? And yes I will verify serial against actual one myself tonight to confirm prior to meeting the cprl.

Bandit
    Last edited by bandit82ta; December 14th, 2010 at 06:08 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Note from PSP - return property

Huh? Your story is really confusing. You had a gun stolen and didnt know about it? And the dealer that you bought it from is just gonna give you a new one? Need some clarification.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    Huh? Your story is really confusing. You had a gun stolen and didnt know about it? And the dealer that you bought it from is just gonna give you a new one? Need some clarification.
    I'm pretty sure he means the gun he purchased from the dealer turned out to be stolen, so the PSP traced it to him via the gun registry, err, I mean purchase registry and he has to turn it in. The dealer is willing to give him some money in return towards the purchase of a new gun for selling him a stolen one.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he means the gun he purchased from the dealer turned out to be stolen, so the PSP traced it to him via the gun registry, err, I mean purchase registry and he has to turn it in. The dealer is willing to give him some money in return towards the purchase of a new gun for selling him a stolen one.
    I think you translated the OP beautifully.

Streaker69 has it right. I appologize it seemed clear to me as I quickly typed it out on this little screen. Thks

(Northampton County)

Isn't a year a little long for PSP to maintain those records?

Hmm... (I'm being sarcastic)

(Philadelphia County)

You probably won't want to push your luck in this situation... but "store credit"?

Really??

Looks to me like you are being ripped-off twice.

I would demand cash back to take my business elsewhere. OR, I would demand a bit more than what I paid. After all, the dealer's mistake caused you a bunch of headaches.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    You probably won't want to push your luck in this situation... but "store credit"?

Really??

Looks to me like you are being ripped-off twice.

I would demand cash back to take my business elsewhere. OR, I would demand a bit more than what I paid. After all, the dealer's mistake caused you a bunch of headaches.
    Not to mention that 'last years' dollars are worth far more than today's dollars. FAR more! As in, SEVERAL HUNDRED dollars more! Want proof? go look at your 401k and inflation and how much money Obongo has printed since you spent your dollars last year.

(Cumberland County)

Yeah... I'd be wary of "store credit". Maybe they'll actually be making you a fair offer, but I'd want enough cash to buy said firearm new, or a total cash refund plus pain and suffering .

The store in question screwed up in a big way, and I hope they make it right for you. Was this a big name retail chain, or a smaller independant place?

ETA: If I was you I'd re-title this thread something along the lines of "I was sold a stolen gun". Then you'll get a lot more traffic and more opinions.
    Last edited by rwb1500; December 13th, 2010 at 08:07 PM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Yeah... I'd be wary of "store credit". Maybe they'll actually be making you a fair offer, but I'd want enough cash to buy said firearm new, or a total cash refund plus pain and suffering .

The store in question screwed up in a big way, and I hope they make it right for you. Was this a big name retail chain, or a smaller independant place?

ETA: If I was you I'd re-title this thread something along the lines of "I was sold a stolen gun". Then you'll get a lot more traffic and more opinions.
    HOW?
    If it was not reported or noted by the PSP till now-it's not the shops fault how would they know? They don't need to give him anything.
    BUT I think it's great the shop is willing to eat the cost to try to make up for the loss of the pistol.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast