Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: First buck with a rifle

congrats to a fellow hunter and a good story is always an added bonus. Patience is huge when hunting deer, especially when it is coming down to the wire and there are deer standing there.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: First buck with a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by marnjenn380 View Post
    First let me say thanks for all the congrats. This is my story and i'm sticking with it. This year was the first year i was not going to buy a license. I was working alot and would not have the time i needed. then the Wednesday before Thanksgiving i got layed off. Thanksgiving day went to walmart and bought the license. I hunted all but two days of the first week. i hunt the same woods in schuylkill county since i'm 12. Anyway Thursday morning i dropped my oldest son off at the bus stop and to the woods i go. I like to walk a bit, sit a bit. this time i walked for a good while and found a nice sunny side of a hill and sat at the bottom. After ten minutes i seen movement at the top of the hill. got all excited and it was a tree rat. To the left of the rat i seen a does head coming over the top of the hill. The shaking started excitement set in as it does every time i go and see deer. After watching her for a short time 5 more showed up. All the doe kept looking back witch i figured was another deer or hunter. Then i seen antlers coming. moved the scope on him checked the rack to make sure he was legal and waited for the shot. The wait seemed like an hour but i think it was 5 minutes or so till he stepped into a clear spot. Took a deep breath, exhaled and squeezed the old .243. The deer jumped back then ran 25 yrds and fell over. I sat back down had a smoke and called everybody i know. I've taken lots of doe and even a 6 point with the bow but this was the best to date. Again thanks for all the congrats and i hope you enjoy the story as much as i do telling it.
    Now this thread is complete way to go. Shakeys maybe but it would have been pizza, the beacon or heislers for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12