Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: FNP tactical.

(Monroe County)

Default FNP tactical.

I am getting more and more interested in FNP Tactical. Lots of reviews in magazines but I am looking for unbiased ( unpaid) opinion. Any FNP owners around ? Impressions ?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: FNP tactical.

checkout www.fnforum.com and ask your question over there. i ilke the FN tactical but i don't like the 1000 dollar price tag. i've read of some minor issues with the tactical like the pin that holds the back strap on has a tendency to work it's way out while shooting the gun. other than that i can't recall reading very much negative stuff about them and it seems guys with them like them. personally if i were to spend a grand i would go with the HK tactical.

(Monroe County)

What would be advantage of HK over HNP ?I don't have much experience which guns so any bit of knowledge is appreciated.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by AzjaST View Post
    What would be advantage of HK over HNP ?I don't have much experience which guns so any bit of knowledge is appreciated.

They are VERY similar. Many of the same features...

The first difference is that it is made by H&K.. I joke but am half serious. If Glock is the VW of the gun market then H&K is the BMW and FN would be a Mercedes or Audi. H&K's are overpriced but refined to perfection (they also do not break like BMW's do).

They have amazing fit, design, ergo's and of course function flawlessly. Did I mention they are accurate? They are... They also have a reduced felt recoil which makes them a joy to shoot. Go shoot one and you will see just how nice they are. There is no question in my mind that it is the best .45 available in a poly frame.

The FN is a VERY nice pistol. In fact, it has some options that I would rather go with over the H&K. The capacity is greater, it has a built in sight mount on the top, and are also offered in colors besides black. Their rail is not proprietary, they also come standard with ambi controls and have the different backstraps for a custom fit.

Personally I went with the H&K, but the next pistol I purchase will be the FN because it is equally cool.. I choose the H&K because I had already owned a USP and wanted to keep things familiar. I also just dig anything that is H&K (well besides the SL8 styling)

(Cumberland County)

Glocks are VWs?!! VWs????
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

If you're going to spend a grand on a .45 cal polymer framed DA/SA setup, then the new HK45 is the way to go. It has a standard m1913 rail and all of the advantages of the USP series. Its pretty too.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.