Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Kel Tec p11 trigger modifications

I just purchased a Kel tec P11 and am not very happy with the long trigger pull. I was told that I should look into the white trigger stop. Here is a link to the video:
    http://wn.com/Kel_Tec_P-11_9mm_White...p_modification

Looking for opinions on this and if there are any other options?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Papman29; December 12th, 2010 at 09:06 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Kel Tec p11 trigger modifications

Also looking for a good IWB leather holster. Any recomendations?

(Monroe County)

I like the clip that is made for that gun, since I only carry the P-11 when I am wearing shorts. It conceals very well that way.

(Montgomery County)

The Kel Tec P11 was designed to have that trigger pull described as "long and heavy." I would advise against a do it at home trigger job, unless you have gunsmith training and experience. Do you really want to bet your life on a video you saw online?

The trigger weight may be needed to reliably ignite primers. A higher speed of the hammer/striker is needed (which means a heavier spring weight, which means it will have a heavier pull) when the ignition parts have a low mass.

If you do not like it, sell it and get something else. Kahr makes fantastic firearms with smooth and delightful triggers.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Lancaster County)

I have a p-11 and a P3AT, both have the "heavy trigger". You get use to them.I stage my trigger on the p-11 just like you would using a double action revolver.
    No longer posting

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    I have a p-11 and a P3AT, both have the "heavy trigger". You get use to them.I stage my trigger on the p-11 just like you would using a double action revolver.
    Something the would help you stahe the trigger is a trigger stop. I'm gonna give you the basic version. Google P11 triger stop for better info.

Take the eraser off of a mechanical pencil. Glue it to the rear of the trigger guard, begind the trigger. Now the tricky part is getting the size right. You may have to try a few erasers or cut/file one to size. Once installed correctly you'll be able to pull the trigger so it rests on the eraser and then give it a tiny bit more pressure and it will go off.

I did this for a while with a P32, then I sucked it up and just learned to stroke the trigger all the way through properly.

ETA: Here, good pics.

www.1bad69.com/keltec/whitestop.htm
    Last edited by rwb1500; December 13th, 2010 at 03:34 AM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Something the would help you stahe the trigger is a trigger stop. I'm gonna give you the basic version. Google P11 triger stop for better info.

Take the eraser off of a mechanical pencil. Glue it to the rear of the trigger guard, begind the trigger. Now the tricky part is getting the size right. You may have to try a few erasers or cut/file one to size. Once installed correctly you'll be able to pull the trigger so it rests on the eraser and then give it a tiny bit more pressure and it will go off.

I did this for a while with a P32, then I sucked it up and just learned to stroke the trigger all the way through properly.
    it just takes practice to stage no need for the eraser. best thing is to get some snap caps and sit and shoot people on tv with a unloaded gun of course. I sometimes sit all night with my pistol next to me and do this. it helps with trigger pull , staging , aiming practice and muscle memory. plus its just plain fun ! lol
    No longer posting

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    The Kel Tec P11 was designed to have that trigger pull described as "long and heavy." I would advise against a do it at home trigger job, unless you have gunsmith training and experience. Do you really want to bet your life on a video you saw online?

The trigger weight may be needed to reliably ignite primers. A higher speed of the hammer/striker is needed (which means a heavier spring weight, which means it will have a heavier pull) when the ignition parts have a low mass.

If you do not like it, sell it and get something else. Kahr makes fantastic firearms with smooth and delightful triggers.
    ^^^^^ ummmm yeah ^^^^^ as he said

I'm sure a lawyer would love that trigger job if you ever had to actually use it
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Allegheny County)

Don't know about trigger mods but this is my favorite type of holster so far and I've owned 5 different ones
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Ho...me,ProductName
    "I would rather have my freedom and face the danger."

I felt the same way comparing the PT11 to my other DA/SA compacts and full size semi autos the trigger sucked. But when I started comparing it to my 5 shot snub nose 38 revolver, I saw the PT11 in a different light. They both are deep conceal guns but the 9mm has 11 shots compared to the snubbie 5.

And the fact that i could shoot the PT11 more accurately then the snub nose, and faster too. I really start liking the PT11 after training with it like that, its probably my most carried gun because of it size, lightweight and fire power. Of course if I had a choice I'd rather have my Glock 19 or 8040 but the PT11 would work and probably would be the gun involved.

Keep us posted on the PT11 trigger upgrade, I fear lack of reliability if its too light.
    Last edited by Neko456; December 13th, 2010 at 09:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast