Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Littlestown Fish & Game Association

I am thinking about joining the Littlestown Fish & Game Association. What's this club like?

I am mainly pistol and rifle shooter but do shotgun on occasion. Do thay have any compitions? Steel shoots? Pumpkin Shoots? and any other things you can provide would be good.

Thanks
    Our Next President

(Adams County)

Default Re: Littlestown Fish & Game Association

I joined there this summer. Range facilities are very nice, however, they get closed frequently due to the layout to support trap 1st & 3rd Sat of each month and sometimes during club events which utilize the clubhouse but not the ranges. I'm guessing that during those events they are concerned of someone walking down range.

The pistol range still needs some work on the footing (its dirt, not graveled in yet) and brass pickup can be a chore if you are shooting close to the right hand berm as the casings tend to hide themselves in the chunks of dirt on the birm and footing area.

Rifle ranges are nice, however, late shooting with a scope can be a pain due to the sun setting over the target area. This also creates a good bit of shade on the targets at 200yds, 6mm holes can be difficult to see on black & white targets, if find the "splatter" types a must as my spotting scope isn't quite what I would like it to be.

Only competitions are trap and shotgun types, no rifle/pistol stuff really to speak of like field gun, M1, etc.

Here's a link to the web page, shows all the normal activities
    http://www.sportingclayandtrap.org/welcome.html

If you are looking for pistol type shoots with some long gun stages try Adams Count Sport Handgunners Assoc as well, I shoot and am a member there too.

http://acsha.com/index.html

If you are really looking for a place to just practice, both would be fine. Like I said, I'm a member of both and you can't beat the value.

PM me if you have any questions or just reply on this thread.
    Porsche, there is no substitute

(Adams County)

What is the cost? Are you required to attend monthly meetings?

Thanks for the reply. I was talking to a member from MD and he said that no one has the time to be on a new committee to start up some type of rifle matches. I would be willing to start up some informal rifle competition. You are right can't beat the price. All of the MD clubs want mucho denero.
    Our Next President