Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default My Baby Came Back To Me/6 Months Later I Found Her in the Used Case

So I've been shopping for a Christmas present for my girlfriend to buy me. I wanted to find a pocket pistol, a little Kel Tec, or an LCP, what have you. I had a P3AT, and a P32 for awhile, loved them both, both worked great for me. I walk into Gander Mountain today, actually looking for a pair of gloves, and to my surprise I see MY P32 sitting in the used case. I almost crapped myself. I had traded it in on an XD about 6 months ago, and have wanted it back ever since. It was the exact same gun, same scratches, same little rust spot. I told the man behind the counter to ring it up. He brought out the holsters and extra mags I had left behind when I traded it in. I was ecstatic. The best part is I got $110 for the gun when I traded it on the XD. Today I only paid $140 to take it home with me. I don't even care I lost thirty bucks on the deal. I'm just glad to have it back.

This gun was one of my first autoloaders, and I beat the living hell out of it. I took it out to the range today (in the snow) and ran 200 rounds through it. Not a single hiccup, and didn't even lube it. Ran it right off the shelf at Gander Mt. I am so pleased with this little pistol I'm just at a loss for words. Merry Christmas to me.

(Yes I am aware of the limitations of the .32acp cartridge. No I don't want to discuss them.)

Here she is with one of her new big brothers I adopted while she was away.

Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Berks County)

Default Re: My Baby Came Back To Me/6 Months Later I Found Her in the Used Case

Always great getting back in touch with an old friend. Enjoy.

(Bucks County)

I can relate. I sold a pistol before I got married because we had to pay off our honeymoon or lose the deposit. When I went back to get it it was gone, my wife bought it for me for Christmas.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Allegheny County)

Man, you guys are gonna make me cry.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Man, you guys are gonna make me cry.

Lol. I'll believe it when I see it!

No EM feel good gun story?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Lol. I'll believe it when I see it!

No EM feel good gun story?
    Nope. Closest to "feel good" is the day that I read aloud that Dunham's had AK-47s on sale and my wife said "Why don't you just get one?"

I didn't weep, but I nearly fell over.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Nope. Closest to "feel good" is the day that I read aloud that Dunham's had AK-47s on sale and my wife said "Why don't you just get one?"

I didn't weep, but I nearly fell over.

I felt the same when when the wife was watching the aftermath of Katrina and turned to me and said "I don't think we have enough guns".
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I felt the same when when the wife was watching the aftermath of Katrina and turned to me and said "I don't think we have enough guns".
    Ahahahha. This thread is turning out so much better than I thought it would.

But the women that put up with our gun habits... That's what it's all about. My girl has bought me a Ruger MKIII, a S&W M&P 15-22, and this KT. Only the second time on the Kel Tec though. I paid for it the first time.

Here's to our long suffering significant others.

(Luzerne County)

What a heart-warming story! If I wasn't a man (and no, real men don't cry! ) I might shed a tear.

On a serious note, great story. The way I see it is they charged you $5 per month for storage - not too bad.

ETA: Oh, and could you make the picture just a tad bit bigger? I was having trouble seeing it because of the incredibly small size of the picture.
    loose≠lose; you're=you are; 'your' shows possession.

Every time I've sold or traded a gun I did it to upgrade or at least that was my justification. I have regretted nearly every one of them. I always end up wanting them back. The most recent was when I traded my Kahr PM9 for a custom XDm. I still have the XDm. I just bought another identical brand new PM9. I once sold my Dan Wesson CBOB to get money for an Ed Brown Kobra Carry. I still have the Kobra Carry . I'm now in the market for a CBOB. I'm done selling guns!
    Last edited by 3per; December 11th, 2010 at 12:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast