Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Irwin, PA - Bouldin Sporting Equipment

Bouldins is by far the best shop I've been in (not based on appearance). Both Doc and Joe will go out of their way to help anyone and teach anyone. They are some of the most knowledgeable gunslingers I have met. They have good deals on ammo, and, yes, their firearm prices might be 10% more than what you would pay at a commercialized place, but THEY SERVICE WHAT THEY SELL. They stand behind what they sell and won't bullshi# you. It's time to support our local shops, and this is one shop that I will support my entire life, no matter where I live. If they don't have what you are looking for, they will go above and beyond to get it for you at a competitive price. SUPPORT THEM! Screw Cabelas, Gander, etc. Help your neighbors. And while you're in Irwin, be sure to eat breakfast at The Colonial Grille.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Irwin, PA - Bouldin Sporting Equipment

I was there only once. The only complaint I have is that almost nothing is priced. You don't know if somethings going to be $1.99 or $5.99. Even though the majority of guns in the display cases had price tags most were turned up-side down. I like to look around and don't like to ask "how much is this?" all of the time. Even if you're negotiable on prices of guns, it's nice to know if you're even in the ball park to begin with.
    F the NFL!

(Allegheny County)

I just tried to go there last week and the place was dark. A local pulled up and asked if he owed us a gun or other product, suggesting we might not get it back due to them closing down due to IRS problems?

Anyone else hear this or other information?
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Westmoreland County)

What day/time were you there? I noticed that they are now sometimes closed on Mondays. I was just in there about a week ago, everything seemed like business as usual. I will make it a point to check it out when I drive past there Tuesday.

It would be a heartbreak if they closed down. I have dealt with those guys for years. They have always been great, and go above and beyond the average stores to help and assist in any way possible. Great service.

I can most definitely find out the story by talking to some guys who will know what is up. Will update ASAP.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Allegheny County)

I did a transfer there about 2 weeks back and things seemed business as usual. I'd be sad to see them go, been dealing there for almost 10yrs now.

(Allegheny County)

It was a Monday and I saw the sign about them being closed some Mondays after the encounter with the guy in the pickup telling me they were being shut down. Figured someone on here might know.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Westmoreland County)

I stopped in this past saturday (2/19) and the store was packed. I bet a dozen people, they were running out of floor space.....but a few months back I had heard a rumor of troubled times for Bouldins due to an audit by the ATF. I am going later this week to pick up my purchase, i will update if I get credible information.

(Allegheny County)

Good to hear they are still busy - I was hoping the intel was bad. Keep us posted.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Westmoreland County)

I was in there today, they are still open, seems like business as usual. It was a little busy. I did not think it would be proper to ask about verifying rumors, so I just looked around for a few minutes.

Seemed like the same amount of inventory like is there usually.

Re: the ATF audit rumor= Yeah, heard it went on a while ago, as it did in some other shops in the area. Heard nothing bad happened, just a supposedly common routine to go over books dating back up to 20 years ago.

Seems like they are open as normal.
    Doc stepped out for a few minutes, and Joe was price marking and stocking ammo, working on a gun, waiting on 4 or 5 guys at one time, answering the phone, etc. Multi-tasking and still doing his best to take good care of business.

A great little place to do business with, I recommend anyone in the area who has never been there to check it out. They can order anything you want for a good price.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Westmoreland County)

Thumbs up Re: Irwin, PA - Bouldin Sporting Equipment

Stopped into Bouldin's today and meet Joe who took great care of me. Wasn't sure what size Weaver bases/rings I needed for my new scope and he looked 'em up, mounted the scope and bore sighted it. Did a very nice job for an affordable & reasonable price.

Stop on by they are on Main Street in Irwin, PA right next to the public parking lot (be warned: it's metered)

Great local place...will definitely be headed back in the future for my shooting needs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast