Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Westmoreland Roll call

Welcome Kit85

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kit85 View Post
    I'm in Hunker.
    Hunker.....eh? When are they ever gonna get that damn bridge fixed at the bottom of the hill? You know......down over the hill from the Church? I'm beginning to believe they weld one piece of angle iron per day and call it quits!!!

Wink Re: Westmoreland Roll call

Yooooo Adrian, another one here from Westmoreland, little town of Carbon. Youngwood Sportsmen's Assoc., and its's a great club.
    Sgt Steve
    aka NGS (Nice Guy Steve)
    aka Esteban

Can't seem to get the NGS to "stick"!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kit85 View Post
    I'm from Westmoreland and I just joined up today. I've lurked for a bit beforehand, but I decided to join up and maybe make some new friends or possibly meet some range buddies. I'm in Hunker. Originally I'm from Quincy, Illinois, and if you are not familiar with the laws there, they are very "strict" to say the least. When I moved here and went to my local gun shop to ask all those questions that young firearms owners often ask, he basically said "welcome to democracy". I also joined up to learn as much as I can from other experienced firearms owners and CCW permit holders. I read the mission statement of the PAFOA and I thought to myself "that sounds like something I would like to be a part of", so here I am!
    Welcome! I'm just down the road by West Newton. Come out to the PAFOA group shoot in Irwin this month and meet some local shooters.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeSheepDog View Post
    Welcome! I'm just down the road by West Newton. Come out to the PAFOA group shoot in Irwin this month and meet some local shooters.
    They have a PAFOA shoot in Irwin? Where at?

(Westmoreland County)

Smile Re: Westmoreland Roll call

Hey, thanks guys for all the warm welcomes! I'm starting to feel right at home already!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post
    Hunker.....eh? When are they ever gonna get that damn bridge fixed at the bottom of the hill? You know......down over the hill from the Church? I'm beginning to believe they weld one piece of angle iron per day and call it quits!!!
    Oh man I know exactly what you mean! Every time I go to Sheetz, I wonder if I'm gonna wind up fallin through the bridge! LOL When I moved out here to PA, I heard a joke that I found to be true about the four seasons in PA. Usually it's fall, winter, spring, and summer, but here in PA it's Not Winter, Winter, Still winter, and Construction. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeSheepDog View Post
    I would love to come out sometime and meet some new people! I'm still not very familiar with the area, but I'm sure I could find my way there. Could you give me some more info or a link to some resources about the events?

Again, thanks all for the welcomes, and I look forward to being a part of this community!

(Westmoreland County)

here is a link for the event:

http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...-4-2014-a.html

thanks for the heads up, I'd like to be able to go myself

(Westmoreland County)

Smile Re: Westmoreland Roll call

Hey thanks for the link DeltaCharlie! +rep! I'll have to see about going, weather, and schedule permitting. Maybe I'll see some of you there!

(Washington County)

I was planning on going but I got invited to something else next weekend. Oh well! There is always another one.

FYI this weekend is the National Pike Steam, Gas, and Horse Show down on Rt 40 by Brownsville. It's a cool event where they run the nuts off of antique earth moving equipment for the hell of it. There is a swap meet, food vendors, antique cars/trucks/tractors, crafts, hit and miss engines, etc. Big event and worth checking out if you're remotely interested in any of that. Go early, get breakfast at the Chuck Wagon on Rt. 40, then get to the show before the traffic backs up and you're waiting a half an hour to park.

http://www.nationalpike.com/

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/23/11755...nt-Brownsville
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Westmoreland County)

You'll probably see my Uncle there. He goes to every one of those events in Pa., Ohio, and New York. He will be the guy with the hat on.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast