Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Tapatalk plugin?

Just started using it for other forums on my droid phone. Any plans onadding the plugin here? I think it is free...

(Berks County)

Default Re: Tapatalk plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by ReefBlue View Post
    Just started using it for other forums on my droid phone. Any plans onadding the plugin here? I think it is free...
    This has been suggested before, and I believe Dan has passed on the idea. My understanding is that PAFOA would essentially have to push our database up to the Tapatalk servers, and Dan doesn't like the idea of our site database being in their hands. Furthermore, because the database would live with Tapatalk, I believe every transaction between our users and the database would have to proxy through them.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    This has been suggested before, and I believe Dan has passed on the idea. My understanding is that PAFOA would essentially have to push our database up to the Tapatalk servers, and Dan doesn't like the idea of our site database being in their hands. Furthermore, because the database would live with Tapatalk, I believe every transaction between our users and the database would have to proxy through them.
    Just to clarify from Tapatalk developer - we do not take your "database", all the traffic including login information is transmitted between your users and you. There is no "proxy".

If you have further question we are happy to assist you at our support forum at tapatalk.com/forum

Thank you.

Just a daily Google of "Tapatalk" reveal this discussion and thought we should clarify

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tapatalk View Post
    Just to clarify from Tapatalk developer - we do not take your "database", all the traffic including login information is transmitted between your users and you. There is no "proxy".

If you have further question we are happy to assist you at our support forum at tapatalk.com/forum

Thank you.

Just a daily Google of "Tapatalk" reveal this discussion and thought we should clarify
    I appreciate the information, but unfortunately it's not my decision; I'll make sure the site owner is aware of this.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by tapatalk View Post

Thank you.

It this is the case than I am very happy to stand corrected and will look into it when I get time to look into these things (which is unfortunately fleeting right now.)
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Allegheny County)

Tapatalk would be nice.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

Being a less than advanced net/computer user, can someone tell me in layman terms what the heck Tapatalk is?
    Thanks,
    Jules

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Being a less than advanced net/computer user, can someone tell me in layman terms what the heck Tapatalk is?
    Thanks,
    Jules
    this is probably the best explanation

http://tinyurl.com/2ej7pqz
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Simple enough. I guess since my cell phone is only a phone, I need not worry about it.
    Jules

I wouldn't worry about it Jules...with those sausages you call fingers you'd never be able to poke at a droid screen and get what you wanted. I get pissed at mine every once in awhile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast