Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Monroeville Gun Show... Dec11,12

I appreicate all of you stopping by to say hello ... As a side note anyone that still has a stamp on their hand from yesterday is good to get in on sunday...

DVE sorry I missed you, I was proabably out and about looking around for goodies to buy.

Show was pretty good. Not the best not the worst. They stuck me in a pretty much desolate part of the building with no one on either side of me that showed up. As a plus I just commondered the extra tables as my own anyway allowing me to put more stuff out. I was for the most part busy all day, couple slow times but overall pretty good turnout.

Prices on other tables will be dropping like a rock tomorrow... A couple dealers near me were grumbling that they didnt want to take all their shit home.
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

Hate to be a debbie downer, but that was the worse show I been out in a while. Not much to see, and a lot more chinese made stuff than I am used to.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

i agree with the above too many empty tables, and the same crumudgeons

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Hate to be a debbie downer, but that was the worse show I been out in a while. Not much to see, and a lot more chinese made stuff than I am used to.
    Unfortunately, I have to agree. Vendor turnout was very weak. I was hoping to get some magazines and Clips R Us was a no show. I did pick up a holster... had to get something to make it worth the trip and have something to show for going to the show. Very disappointing tho.....

(Butler County)

I too thought this was a pretty weak show, at least from 12:30 ~ 3:30 on Sunday afternoon. I didn't find good deals on anything I was looking for (or anything really). Attendance was pretty light too. Maybe lots of people and exhibitors bailed due to the (non-)snowstorm that was coming.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Argentum View Post
    I too thought this was a pretty weak show, at least from 12:30 ~ 3:30 on Sunday afternoon. I didn't find good deals on anything I was looking for (or anything really). Attendance was pretty light too. Maybe lots of people and exhibitors bailed due to the (non-)snowstorm that was coming.

That's likely a factor for showgoers, but for vendors who have to commit for tables in advance, IMO the show in Harrisburg this weekend "cannibalized" some of the regular Monroeville vendors. For that reason, I didn't bother making the drive to Monroeville this go-round, and it appears my hunch played out.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Clarion County)

made my appearance.....picked up a few nice little goodies.......

I was easy to spot.....head to toe woodland camo....zombie response team shirt and a zrt patch on my jacket

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    That's likely a factor for showgoers, but for vendors who have to commit for tables in advance, IMO the show in Harrisburg this weekend "cannibalized" some of the regular Monroeville vendors. For that reason, I didn't bother making the drive to Monroeville this go-round, and it appears my hunch played out.

Noah
    Noah:

Quite right. ALOT of the dealers went to Harrisburg. Myself among them. Not sure about the others but I definitly made the right decision. Harrisburgh was packed full of dealers. Most of whom were NOT chinese trinket/crap dealers. It was also pretty well attended from the public standpoint. Most of the guys I talked to, both dealers and patrons, were pretty pleased over all. Other than the state gouging on the parking. AGAIN!

Made the trip to the show and as others have said too many empty tables and too much chinese crap. My buddy and I scored a great deal on a case of Winchester M855 which was the only other purchase beside my 4lb jug of Winchester 231 powder.

I attended the Harrisburg show last year and it was an ok show. But its only worth it if you don't mind getting gouged in the parking lot, then pay a high entrance fee.

Thank you for those who showed up at my table!
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast