Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Question Coyote hunting tips

The end of deer season draws near but my license expiration is vastly farther away and my urge to be in the woods farther still from lapsing. So how does one go about zapping coyotes in this corner of the country? I keep hearing that there's an overpopulation in the area so I figure I should do my part to help out. Problem is all the hunting I've done for them is about 800 miles south of here so what I know probably doesn't apply. So how do the best here get the results? I've got a couple of novice hunters--maybe my wife even-- to take out later, plus I teach hunter's ed classes so I'd like to be able to get good at it so I can pass on the opportunity to everyone else.

Any thoughts?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Default Re: Coyote hunting tips

Personally, I've never tried it (but what to once I have some free time...). But the best resource on this (on this forum) is probably the tread below, mostly the posts from Tomcat088:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/hunting-23/15...tml#post189625

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Coyote hunting tips

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    The end of deer season draws near but my license expiration is vastly farther away and my urge to be in the woods farther still from lapsing. So how does one go about zapping coyotes in this corner of the country? I keep hearing that there's an overpopulation in the area so I figure I should do my part to help out. Problem is all the hunting I've done for them is about 800 miles south of here so what I know probably doesn't apply. So how do the best here get the results? I've got a couple of novice hunters--maybe my wife even-- to take out later, plus I teach hunter's ed classes so I'd like to be able to get good at it so I can pass on the opportunity to everyone else.

Any thoughts?
    Most of my buddies have the best luck at night. Only bad thing about that is you're stuck in the freeing cold and cant make a move, sounds travel the best late at night so theres ups and downs to it. Thats usually when I go and Its alot of fun!