Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Dessert Eagle Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    The 10 inch barrel is pretty intimidating to me!
    I always liked the look of the 10" tube.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Desssssert Eagle Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by LongOneShortOne View Post
    Let's get it right: "Desert Eagle", or to those of us who know and love her, "Deagle." I have the entire brace: .357 14-inch, .41 and .44 mag, 10-inch and 14-inch, and .50AE in 10-inch and 6-inch. One frame, five calibers. No problem shooting it, as I am a bassist in a local band and have pretty good hands. I can fire mine well with either hand. When others at the range ask, "May I fire it?", I hand them a round and say, "$2.50 please." Yeah it is salty. Ear protection is absolutely necessary. But one-handed firing is right on as far as accuracy is concerned. I guarantee that you will love yours, or you will hate it. Seldom any in-between. About 200 rds through mine and no stoppages at all. At ten boxes, she gets a ram-rod cleaning. All calibers and barrels seem to hold the same target pattern. I do carry mine, with .50AE, 6-inch , in an Uncle Mike's belt-carry. Really noisy release and pull, but right on target each time. If you enjoy loud toys, you'll love the Desert Eagle. (NO, the mouse-gun Eagle is NOT a Desert Eagle.) I also own the Lone Eagle in .30-06, .444 Marlin and .357 Maximum; I love concussive rounds!!
    Let me get this straight, you carry a 4 pound 1000+ USD pistol in a 20 dollar holster?

You carry a pistol that you have only put 200 rounds through?

What the hell is a "ramrod cleaning?" It sounds painful.

I am going to make some assumptions, and illustrate the colorful stereotypes this pistol brings. You have never received formal handgun training, you have never attempted to compete or in any way test your skills with the DE. Have you ever tried engaging multiple targets with a DE?

The stereotype is that the DE draws people that are not really serious "enthusiasts." Why? Because it is an impractical brick of steel that is not really good at much.

I call either bullshit on the above post or schizotypal personality disorder.

BTW, in a previous post the above quoted user claims to have thwarted road rage with a "G21" making the above hardly credible.
    Last edited by Steve_NEPhila; December 5th, 2010 at 06:35 PM.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Desssssert Eagle Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Let me get this straight, you carry a 4 pound 1000+ USD pistol in a 20 dollar holster?

I am going to make some assumptions, and illustrate the colorful stereotypes this pistol brings. You have never received formal handgun training, you have never attempted to compete or in any way test your skills with the DE. Have you ever tried engaging multiple targets with a DE?

The stereotype is that the DE draws people that are not really serious "enthusiasts." Why? Because it is an impractical brick of steel that is not really good at much.

BTW, in a previous post the above quoted user claims to have thwarted road rage with a "G21" making the above hardly credible.

I have already made comments on the ops topic. But I must ask you what is a serious "enthusiasts."?
    Last edited by normanvin; December 5th, 2010 at 06:58 PM.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Philadelphia County)

For all the purposes of handguns, the DE is nearly useless. It is way to heavy, has limited capacity, the ammo is too expensive etc etc etc... However, the DE is damn cool and that I think is the main reason why people get them. And guess what? That is reason enough to get one!

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Desssssert Eagle Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by LongOneShortOne View Post
    No problem shooting it, as I am a bassist in a local band and have pretty good hands.
    What does plucking a bass have to do with shooting this pistol proficiently?

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Desssssert Eagle Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post

Why you be all hatin' and stuff, my brotha?

(Chester County)

I own a chrome desert eagle in .50. Its an awesome gun as well as a nice show peice. Of course its not practical for carry. Most people dont own one becuase they dont have enough cash to spare or feel comfortable with just to buy a gun that will sit and look pretty most of the time. The haters of them are the people im talking about. It is a truly badass big gun. Also, most people that "claim" they even shot one and say they dont like it most be bullshitters or just jealous they cant fork over 1k plus for it. Every gun enthusiast that shoots my desert eagle cant beleive how badass it is too shoot and how it is actually pretty comfortable to shoot. My .44mag revolver kicks more than the .50. The .50 is heavy and those youtube videos you watch where people are hittin themselves in the head with it are trained to shoot by an idiot
    Last edited by shortthrow50; December 5th, 2010 at 08:07 PM.

(Monroe County)

I get wanting one as a range toy. They are wonderfully impractical blocks of metal.

If it's for just the cool factor, and the enjoyment of our hobby.. Sure why not? I get anyone wanting any gun for the fun of it.

BUT:
    Please don't think of depending on one for practical carry. If you do, first try to put a 4 lb weight in something and hang ot off of your belt for a couple days.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by LightningMcQueen784 View Post
    Has anyone mentioned the BAD ASS factor of just owning and holding a DE?

Seriously though, it's not really a .... "practical handgun"... unless you're really trying to defeat body armor, or club someone. The concealability of a nice'n bling'in DE is about as high as a sawed off 12ga. or an SBR. (probably why its so BAD ASS)
    Lycan disagrees :

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/652...tml#post447273

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WG68 View Post
    I am curious as to anyone's experience or, opinion on the Dessert Eagle good or, bad? I searched but, did not see any real threads covering this topic. You never really hear any talk of them?

I've always stuck to the baby's since they are practical in calibers. However, a Desert Eagle would be cool to have just as a added feature. There a nice conversation piece. It's all on what your preference is like....By the way have you seen the (Magnum Research 45acp Desert Eagle 1911 8+1)???
    Last edited by bowkillpa; December 5th, 2010 at 09:04 PM.
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast