Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Can sheriffs deny LTCF for not listing your employer on the application form?

What is done with the information on the LTCF application about who your employer is, and can sheriffs deny you a license if you don't complete those blocks when you do, in fact, have a job and an employer? I live in Montgomery County.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Can sheriffs deny LTCF for not listing your employer on the application form?

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/653...-employer.html

There are more than a few threads about this topic. If you are worried about it, put self employed, because, IMO, everyone who works is working for themselves.

Also, you might try to post a question in the Mont co. section.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Can sheriffs deny LTCF for not listing your employer on the application form?

Thanks for the response, headcase. I'm brand new to these forums and this was the question that led me here. I'll look around for other threads on this topic. I just don't see any purpose for knowing who my employer is and really don't want the company to know anything about me that isn't work-related.

(Delaware County)

Why would you not fill that out if you have an employer? I mean, if you omit that information and you have a job, isn't that a lie of omission? Maybe I need to go read that other thread.
    Junior

(Montgomery County)

Well, that's kind of what I was asking. I don't want to deny that I have an employer, because that wouldn't be truthful and is probably grounds for denial of the license. Leaving it blank is not the same as denying it – I just don't want to give that info unless I have to (you don't have to have a job to get the license, so why do they need to verify your employer if you do?). I'm wondering whether anyone knows what might happen if I submitted the app with those blocks blank.

(Delaware County)

We'll see if anyone comes to this thread with experience in this particular subject. If not, you could always be the test case - don't fill it in. If they deny you, they have to tell you why, and you can appeal it. You'll win the appeal, and then you'll have a definitive answer.

IANAL.
    Junior

(Montgomery County)

I guess that's an option, Viper, but not one I look forward to. Being a test case and flying under the radar don't often go hand in hand. But I may end up doing that to see what happens.

I also read in one other thread that applicants don't have to provide their SS numbers, either.

(Delaware County)

I just put unemployed down on my app and put N/A in the rest of the blocks.
    I received mine no questions about it and They did not call my references

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    What is done with the information on the LTCF application about who your employer is, and can sheriffs deny you a license if you don't complete those blocks when you do, in fact, have a job and an employer? I live in Montgomery County.
    I'm in Bucks now, but was in Delco for 18 years. I renewed my LTCF twice and my wife got her initial LTCF there. They called our employers each time - that was about 12 years ago the last time.

I knew that my employer couldn't care less about it and that I wouldn't have a problem, but my wife had just started a new job and was very concerned. I advised her to just give them Personnel's phone number, but she decided to inform her supervisor that he may get a call from Delco's sheriff about a "permit". His reply - "A carry permit, no problem". But then, this could just have easily gone the other way. IMO, they should not be allowed to contact your employer or neighbors during the investigation.

Bill

Default Re: Employer question on the LTCF application

I don't live in Montgomery county so I really don't know how they would react.

When I applied for my LTCF up here in Erie county, I left the employment blank. They didn't even question it. A complete non issue.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast