Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Say Hello To My Little Friend

Just picked up the newest addition to the 1911 bug I got several months ago. New Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact 45. Took it to the range today and right out of the box (after a good cleaning) it shot amazing!! Finally got the sight picture right on the last 4 rounds. Has some amazing night sights!
    This is a great edc when I now leave the Tarus PT 1911 at home to guard the premises...BTW the Taurs was excellent right out of the box as well. Love them both!!
    Took the pic's with a phone cam wish they were better
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Say Hello To My Little Friend

Excellent, I'm looking to buy a Taurus PT1911 myself...eventually.
    Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP, Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by pedaler73 View Post
    Excellent, I'm looking to buy a Taurus PT1911 myself...eventually.
    I got a Taurus PT1911 over the summer (my first 1911) and I was rather surprised with the accuracy. I'm not known to be all that accurate with a handgun, but I'm sub-MOA at out to 600 yards on a National Match service rifle course. Anyway, out of the box my PT1911 was holding 2 inch groups at 25 yards with Winchester factory ammo (haven't started reloading for it yet). I have no idea if that's good accuracy for a 1911 at that range, but knowing my normally less-than-spectacular results with a handgun I was pleasantly surprised.

If/when you get one, I think you'll like it.

-JT

(Allegheny County)

WOW J T I can't even see 600 yds anymore...After reading all the many pro's and cons of the PT1911 I went with it and am glad I did. From what I have read and seen personally a 2" grp at 25 is normal for us less than constant and match shooters. 2" grps on anything is safety or meat in the freezer IMHO. I have been a pistol shooter and hunter with pistols for over 30 years and put plenty of meat in the freezer with my Dan Wesson 357 and Dragoon 44mag over the years. I just wish I would have gotten into the 1911 platform a lot sooner. While there are some with troubles the platform is unbeatable!
    Keep shooting it may get even better

Quote Originally Posted by Windthing Ray View Post
    WOW J T I can't even see 600 yds anymore...After reading all the many pro's and cons of the PT1911 I went with it and am glad I did. From what I have read and seen personally a 2" grp at 25 is normal for us less than constant and match shooters. 2" grps on anything is safety or meat in the freezer IMHO. I have been a pistol shooter and hunter with pistols for over 30 years and put plenty of meat in the freezer with my Dan Wesson 357 and Dragoon 44mag over the years. I just wish I would have gotten into the 1911 platform a lot sooner. While there are some with troubles the platform is unbeatable!
    Keep shooting it may get even better
    I hope you enjoy your PT1911. I haven't even gotten past the 200 round break-in period. I've been so busy at work the last few months that I hardly have time to sleep let alone hit the range.

Did you get the regular frame or the one with the Picatinny accessory rail? Mine has the rail and I found it to be a real problem to find a holster that fit it, but I finally did.

(Allegheny County)

I got the regular frame...not much use for the additional tactictal stuff (well not yet). I picked up a blackhawk cqc for use during hunting season and don hume for cc. still looking at the iwb holsters for summer but haven't decided yet. which is ok because I figure I still have 5 more months of snow shoveling before I have to get too serious about that purchase.