Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Thumbs down erie convention center gun show

pretty much probably want to avoid it, more of a knife show and you'll find better prices at any shop here in town. but if your bored and want to blow $8 to walk around so be it. no big surprise as the convention center seems to half ass everything.

(Erie County)

Default Re: erie convention center gun show

That's what I figured when I heard about it. Got taken in by the hype on one of those electronic shows a couple years ago, vowed never to attend anything there again.
    I was considering trying to get a group to OC in there. There advertising was all "celebrate the 2nd amendment, while you still can". Bet they wouldn't let you!
    Come to the Harborcreek show, I can almost guarantee it'll be better, and only $5.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Erie County)

SVT98Ryan, thanks for the heads up, was trying to find someone to go, but will spend that money taking the wife out to lunch in a few. Truckman, If I am not mistaken, "Erie County Convention Center Authority" is owned by the municipality, which by PA Preemption Law means they cannot tell you "You Can't Carry". Although I'd be willing to push that button, LOL.... Would definitely like to do an OC outing, though I work third shift.

I'm sure I can muster up something pink to O/C.

(Erie County)

ya i thought it was a bunch of shit too, "celebrate your 2nd amendment" just not here. should have known better than to even go, but thought i would check it out. as for pre-emption. you are correct but with the mentallity in this city it wasn't worth my time to argue. i was chatting it up with a local erie pd leo the other day. i ask him what his normal response is to oc, and basically said city policy is to treat you like a criminal until they can prove your not. which is bullshit and wrong, but i just don't feel like "fighting the man" anytime someone takes issues with us standing up for civil liberties. he basically went on to say although its completely legal (as all of us law abiding, "gun nuts" ((his words, not mine)) know) but that it is basically frowned upon and just to conceal. their ignorance amazes me. he then went on to tell me how i should be anti-gun (long story, another day, over beers if we ever all meet up) and i just chuckled. ok rant off. have a good one fellow erie-ites.

Quote Originally Posted by svt98ryan View Post
    ya i thought it was a bunch of shit too, "celebrate your 2nd amendment" just not here. should have known better than to even go, but thought i would check it out. as for pre-emption. you are correct but with the mentallity in this city it wasn't worth my time to argue. i was chatting it up with a local erie pd leo the other day. i ask him what his normal response is to oc, and basically said city policy is to treat you like a criminal until they can prove your not. which is bullshit and wrong, but i just don't feel like "fighting the man" anytime someone takes issues with us standing up for civil liberties. he basically went on to say although its completely legal (as all of us law abiding, "gun nuts" ((his words, not mine)) know) but that it is basically frowned upon and just to conceal. their ignorance amazes me. he then went on to tell me how i should be anti-gun (long story, another day, over beers if we ever all meet up) and i just chuckled. ok rant off. have a good one fellow erie-ites.
    I admit, I don't go into the bowels of Erie often though, when I have, I've never been hassled. I can understand their concern and why they might get a bit jumpy. From what I understand, Erie isn't the safest place on the planet.

I've received more dumb comments right here in my town however, I've NEVER been hassled by the local LEO's.

I think I would LMAO if I got hassled by an officer in Erie. Picture it! A female almost 50, speaking perfect Brooklynese, sporting a pink firearm! How embarrassing would it be for them, cuffing me and reading me my rights.

(Erie County)

The worst part is Scott Enterprises was originally going to build the Motel/Convention center on their dime (of which they have plenty) with only a small loan from the city. Then it would have been a tax PAYING site, rather than the tax EATING site it now is.
    Plus, the "shows" they would have brought in would have been quality events, after all they would have needed to make money on them, the city doesn't have to.
    Just another white elephant brought to you by the city of Erie!
    But hey, lets build a community college, that nobody wants!!!!!
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Erie County)

SVT98Ryan, I had one run in with EPD. Of the 12, yes that is 12 officers involved, only one was really "Going Off". 30 mins later the DAs office chewed him out, and told him to let me go or I could sue, He reluctantly returned my possessions and sent me on my way. I guess my Fukitol attitude, along with my Protect my family at all costs, has made me not care. I do however conceal when the need arises, i.e. certain neighborhoods in Erie. In the year or so I have OC'd it was a cute check out girl that said something about my sidearm, and she was only curious, not offended.
    Truckman, I agree all to well with you, though anything that these politicians have their hands in, they seem to really screw the pooch. have you seen some of the roads...... or how about the two ta three street sweepers a week, roads don't seem to be that dirty, but then again..... community college is another tax strain we don't need, let alone for our already failing school system to try to fund....... always pushing the envelope.............

(Erie County)

both the past and present da's i think of as good friends. jack would never do anyone wrong and has answered my phone calls and answers at the wee hours of the morning. brad foulk was a stand up man and deserves his own holiday. unfortunately, our police force is not nearly as educated as those who lead them and decide who ultimately is breaking the law here within the city

and i support anybody that oc's, luckily i am a big guy and hide a full size kimber covert and lcr or p3at (all two or three of which i put on like i do socks and underwear each day) quite well......... and no i did not buy my covert at gander (because the person that did or does spent way too much), way over priced.. go to edinboro outdoors. those guys rule (yes that was a shameless plug although i don't work there) i love those guys like family
    Last edited by svt98ryan; December 5th, 2010 at 02:56 AM.

It has been quite amusing watching discussion of "OC". I can understand your desire to exercise your right. That is all well and good but has anyone who does this ever thought about weapons retention? Unless you are LE, odds are you have not had this type of instruction. Just cause you own a guitar doesn't mean you know how to play it.

Hint- If I can't see your gun then I don't know you have a gun I can take!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast