Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: 1986 FOPA Hughes Amendment Vote (machine gun ban) footage located

VIDEO HERE:

I'm sure OP will be around to update the original post, but here is this for now. I recommend watching the whole thing, as it is all VERY relevant to the Hughes amendment. The actual vote is right around 8:30, but you will not have the context, specifically the MF'n POS Hughes trying everything he can to trample all over the constitution, and my rights.

Rangel and Hughes ought to be.......well....you know. Drag 'em out into the street.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Bucks County)

^^^^

Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell is going on there? Looks like a circus to me. And does the speaker realize that using the gavel that much is like honking your horn in New York City?

(York County)

Good to see this video going viral on the net now, theres a long thread on ar15.com on this. Just sent my letter to Rep Platts with video links and an explanation of what happened in that circus. Perhaps a violation of the Roberts Rules has something that can be worked in our favor. Regardless, people are getting some good feedback across the nation from their pro-firearm reps and senators on this video so far.

(Allegheny County)

What can be done about this though? I highly doubt it'd get thrown out by either the courts or congress.

(Monroe County)

That would be very helpful if we ever get a Pro-gun rights president. He could order administrative changes to make the enforcement of the Hughes amendment void without having to go through congress. However, when the sitting president is anti-gun rights, all he will do is restrict our rights more and more.

(Montgomery County)

Just fired off an email and link to Rep Dent's office.

(Schuylkill County)

Yea, I honestly don't know if this is the right time to bring this up. You may have not only congress shocked, saying "Oh my, we better plug the holes right away!", force swift legislation through to "fix" the error, which will be easily signed by the president.

It may be best to wait until there is a more conservative president and congress in place, who is more likely to note the error, and order changes to enforcement laws.

I don't know, but I just don't see this going anywhere with a Dem-controlled Senate, and a Dem president. It could potentially do more harm than good to bring up the error at this time because they may do more to "patch" the problem, rather than completely void it as if it shouldn't have happened.
    III%

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    Yea, I honestly don't know if this is the right time to bring this up. You may have not only congress shocked, saying "Oh my, we better plug the holes right away!", force swift legislation through to "fix" the error, which will be easily signed by the president.
    I agree the timing is bad, but there is no way in hell new gun control legislation will pass in the house.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    I agree the timing is bad, but there is no way in hell new gun control legislation will pass in the house.
    Yea, hopefully that's the case... I just don't want them to find some "workaround" for it though... which, there shouldn't be if the legislation never passed in the first place... but you never know in this day and age of breaking the law and trampling the Constitution.

(I couldn't even imagine the feeling of fulfilling my wish-list at a reasonable price! )
    III%

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    A lot of those Republicans are fakes. Bloomburg of NYC is a Republican too. I have heard a few other Republicans back down from a strong progun rights position since the Arizona shootings.

Politicians just chase votes. Very few are actually strongly in favor of gun rights. To most of them gun rights is just a bargaining chip to push their personal agendas through. All I'm saying is that we can not take for granted the slim majority we have in the House. We have to keep fighting.

I donated some more money to the Second Amendment Foundation this morning. Just $15 but they said it will help.
    Last edited by tsafa; January 27th, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast