Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Philadelphia LTCF Wait

I went down to the office today to renew my permit. The lady doing the questioning said "about 8 weeks" and the one doing the fingerprinting said "about 8 to 10 weeks". I know both estimates are well above the 45 day rule, but there's not much I can do about that.

Anyone gotten a permit recently in Philadelphia? If so, what was your wait time? I have a trip coming up in early February and I'd prefer to be able to carry when I am in these various (reciprocity) states.

By the by, while I was in the waiting room, a nice lady came by to say that she hadn't been able to check her mail to see if they issued a permit. She said she was living her mother, or with her mother in hospice or something to that effect. Gun permit workers told her that they could not give her the permit without her bringing in the card. Additionally, they said that if that card was mailed over 30 days ago and she didn't pick up her permit, they would destroy the one issued and she would have to apply all over again.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Philadelphia LTCF Wait

I just picked mine up this week. It took exactly 8 weeks from application to pickup.

According to state statute, it can be interpreted that your LTCF is valid for six months after expiration.

There has been some debate about this however on another thread here recently, so if you decide to carry in a reciprocal state after the LTCF expiration date, do so at your own risk

Monday will be 4 weeks waiting for mine... I'm not holding my breath that it will be earlier than 8...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RegBarc View Post
    I went down to the office today to renew my permit. The lady doing the questioning said "about 8 weeks" and the one doing the fingerprinting said "about 8 to 10 weeks". I know both estimates are well above the 45 day rule, but there's not much I can do about that.

Anyone gotten a permit recently in Philadelphia? If so, what was your wait time? I have a trip coming up in early February and I'd prefer to be able to carry when I am in these various (reciprocity) states.

By the by, while I was in the waiting room, a nice lady came by to say that she hadn't been able to check her mail to see if they issued a permit. She said she was living her mother, or with her mother in hospice or something to that effect. Gun permit workers told her that they could not give her the permit without her bringing in the card. Additionally, they said that if that card was mailed over 30 days ago and she didn't pick up her permit, they would destroy the one issued and she would have to apply all over again.
    I thought that was supposed to be 90 days? oh wait...it's Philly.

(Berks County)

Wait till you go back...

When I renewed it was standing room only LOL.....that was back in 2007.

(Philadelphia County)

Uncle's a 19 year detective and cousins a 6 year officer, they claim to get my mine 2 weeks after application on my bday...I guess we'll see!

Mine took over sixty days to come through in early summer. Nothing you can do about it, unless you have lots of money and feel like lawsuits are your thing.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by RegBarc View Post

Given how often the PPD is in Harrisburg arguing for more gun laws I would think they would find it wise to follow the ones on the books currently. This stuff really ticks me off, especially the nonsense about being unable to hand over an LTCF without that card they mail out.

Edit: Perhaps one of our Philly residents on the board is willing to make an official complaint in regards to the extended time the PPD is taking with applications?
    Last edited by IronSight; December 3rd, 2010 at 01:46 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    Given how often the PPD is in Harrisburg arguing for more gun laws I would think they would find it wise to follow the ones on the books currently. This stuff really ticks me off, especially the nonsense about being unable to hand over an LTCF without that card they mail out.

Edit: Perhaps one of our Philly residents on the board is willing to make an official complaint in regards to the extended time the PPD is taking with applications?
    Ohhhh believe me I plan on it. My family is claiming to get me a fast turn around, but as I stated above, my family are in PPD.

Even if I get a fast turn around, it'll help go to show the deliberate ball breaking by the PPD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast