Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Good Buy?

Default Good Buy?

I just recently won a Winchester 9422 in an online auction. I paid just under 500 dollars for it I wondered if you guys thought that this was a good buy or not. There are only a few minor blemishes on the rifle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Good Buy?

I sold a NIB one, vintage 1984, last November on GB for $600. Granted the economy was a bit slower then than now, so you probably did OK, not really a screaming deal, but a fair price.

Whether you got a good deal is entirely up to you to decide, and a bit to late now anyway since you already bought it.

Hate to say it, but if you have to ask for a reassurance on the price you paid, you probably already know the answer.

I am not too worried about the price I have been looking for one of these for a long time now and finally came upon one that seemed worth bidding on (most of the ones that I had seen were junk). I was just curious as to what prices these have been going for lately. Thanks for the input.

I went and picked the gun up tonight and I know I made the right choice. The gun was in beautiful shape with only a few spots with normal wear. I also found out that it was made in 1972 so it is in great shape for its age. The shop that it was located at was within driving distance from me and it was full of vintage Winchester and Remington firearms so it sure was a sight to see. I will be sure to make some more trips back there because there were quite a few other guns that caught my eye while I was there the place was just a gold mine if you enjoy winchester firearms.

(Monroe County)

sounds to me like it was a good deal since your happy with the purchase. I don't know what the going rate is for this firearm so my statement is based on simply your satisfaction with the deal which is the most important part. Remember a range report after you get her out and feed her.

Well I went to Walmart and bought a Winchester 333 bulk pack of ammo and took her to the range. The gun shoots great! The action is very slick and smooth and did not become harder to work with every shot like my Henry tends to do from time to time. I also love the way the rifle feels when it is shouldered sometimes the sights on My Golden Boy seem a little high when shouldered but these line up just perfectly. There were a couple problems feeding the ammunition and a few bad primer strikes but I think i'll chalk that up to the cheap ammo. It is accurate enough for what I am going to use it for (mainly plinking and possibly some small game) with it's open sights and I have not decided whether I will add a scope or not. All in all I believe that I made a good purchase in this gun and I believe it is my new favorite .22. Don't get me wrong my Henry is a great gun and I would recommend them to anyone but the Winchester just feels great to me I guess it is up to the individual. Thanks all.

(Monroe County)

Cool, welcome to the forum.