Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Handed out my first flyer...

I usually just read what others post unless I think that what I have to say is helpful or relevant. I am posting this mostly to encourage others that the flyers are a fantastic tool that EVERYBODY should be carrying with them:

I recently started carrying 2 flyers folded in my wallet so that I have them everywhere I go. Last week I overheard part of a conversation at work that went something like "...its illegal to have a handgun in any bank or bar...." I quickly butted in and stated that this was a common misconception and that this is only the case in establishments that have a company policy, usually accompanied by signage. When I was challenged on this, I didn't have to remember the statute verbatim, or use the worn-out "i know it says it somewhere" line, all I had to do was pull out the flyer and let them read for themselves. I handed out both of the flyers, and pointed them to PAFOA if they were interested in more information. Overall it was a positive experience, and I didn't have to get in a "my uncle's brother's stepson's brother-in-law is a cop and he said..." type of conversation. Furthermore, my co-workers now respect me as an informed citizen.

Its not hard to do and they don't take up much room.

Just try it once, I bet you won't be able to stop.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Handed out my first flyer...

Quote Originally Posted by jpg5080 View Post
    I usually just read what others post unless I think that what I have to say is helpful or relevant. I am posting this mostly to encourage others that the flyers are a fantastic tool that EVERYBODY should be carrying with them:

I recently started carrying 2 flyers folded in my wallet so that I have them everywhere I go. Last week I overheard part of a conversation at work that went something like "...its illegal to have a handgun in any bank or bar...." I quickly butted in and stated that this was a common misconception and that this is only the case in establishments that have a company policy, usually accompanied by signage. When I was challenged on this, I didn't have to remember the statute verbatim, or use the worn-out "i know it says it somewhere" line, all I had to do was pull out the flyer and let them read for themselves. I handed out both of the flyers, and pointed them to PAFOA if they were interested in more information. Overall it was a positive experience, and I didn't have to get in a "my uncle's brother's stepson's brother-in-law is a cop and he said..." type of conversation. Furthermore, my co-workers now respect me as an informed citizen.

Its not hard to do and they don't take up much room.

Just try it once, I bet you won't be able to stop.
    I do it all of the time. Even to people who have been carrying for years and really didnt know the law very well.

(Carbon County)

The first few flyers I handed out felt great! I really need to print some more up. I carry them in my service truck as I get in carry discussions with customers often. Seems in the technical trades there are more pro gun people. Wish I could carry more at work than a flyer tho...

(Monroe County)

no, no you can't stop. however, i find myself handing out fewer and fewer, less people ask about it now.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!