Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Preemption question Lancaster County

The post about reading below got me thinking. Back in April I was carrying OC/CC at the Lancaster convention center and an employee told me I couldn't have my gun in the building and asked me to take it to my car. To not cause a seen ( I was about an hour away from performing) I obliged and meant to follow up with management but unfortunately I never did. I was pretty sure he was full of shit but I dropped the ball.

I just looked it up and the convention center and hotel is owned by Lancaster city and leased to a management firm

About the integrated facility
    The landmark, uniquely integrated convention center hotel facility offers abundant space for groups ranging in size from 5 to 5,000 people, with more than 90,000 square feet of flexible meeting space including a convention and exhibition hall, two grand ballrooms, and several finely appointed meeting and board rooms. Expansive windows offer an infusion of natural light and extraordinary views onto the Downtown.

This would mean that the entire building is cover under preemption right? The fact that it's leased shouldn't matter should it?

Default Re: Preemption question Lancaster County

If an owner of a property leases it to another. Doesn't the person who now is renting the property have a right to decide what comes on their property. If I lease a home to you and my friend comes over to the home and wants to come inside and you are the lessee can't you deny him entry?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Preemption question Lancaster County

This issue has been discussed many times - whether preemption attaches to public land as oppossed to only limiting the legislative ability of a Govermental subdivision:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...bank-park.html

IMO, as well as others, preemption does not attach and therefore does not limit a lessee's ability to prohibit firearms.
    IANAL