Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Does anybody wear ScentBlocker clothes?

They look cool but I don't know if I could spend that much money on hunting clothes. I was looking mainly at the Mack Daddy and the Freak Nasty ones. I don't know what the main differences are between them. I was thinking that maybe after the season is over they will be on sale and I can get them cheaper. Right now I hunt in some Levi's and a Carhartt.

Do yinz think they are worth the money?

Default Re: Does anybody wear ScentBlocker clothes?

It could be but this was my first yr back out in about 7 or more years of not hunting. Good unscented soap/shampoo/deodorant and scent remover spray seemed to work for me. (dont forget bottom of your boots, we dress and spray all over including hats boot bottoms, bags after exiting truck as we head into the woods)

Had a doe cross my entering path and walk by at about 35ft with breeze blowing on angle toward her. Had no idea I was that close and I wasn't up a tree.

(Allegheny County)

I have a bottle of Scent Killer and some Scent Killer bar soap. No shampoo or deodorant. This will be the first season I'm using something like that. I didn't go out yet so I can't tell you how it worked out for me. You think I should get the shampoo and the deodorant?

The main reason I want to buy some hunting specific clothes is because sometimes when I'm hunting it's raining or snowing and eventually my jeans get too wet.

(Monroe County)

They are a waste of money... seriously go spend 5 bucks and buy yourself a bottle of scent a way w/ fresh earth scent and you'll be fine.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lancaster County)

Get the HS scent eliminator kit from wally world for around 20 bucks....It does the trick well.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Allegheny County)

Are there any other hunting clothes you recommend? Are the Mack Daddy's worth the extra money compared to the Freak Nasty's?

(Lancaster County)

I wear as little orange as legally allowed. I wear camo bibs and a heavy jacket with appropriate layering under it all. I spray down with the scent free stuff after washing it in the detergent and use a little bit of dirt spray on my boots and I do all right when I hunt. Best part is I got the heavy jacket at wally world for $25 and the bibs on sale at (shudders) cabelas for $30....You can't even buy a full priced scent blocker jacket for that much! Including the scent free spray!

(Carbon County)

I just bought that jacket at wally world too!! mine was on sale for $20 bucks
    sprayed scent away on it and the rest,,,I use the scent free shampoo and body wash..pants were $22 realtree camo ,,wear my carhaart boots sprayed..works for me..my bro in law just spent like $300 on a dream season jacket or some expensive crap,,and never even seen a deer from his stand yet!!

(Lancaster County)

Just goes to show...A better bow will not fix a bad archer...Just a figure of speach...

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by LarryD1130 View Post
    Are there any other hunting clothes you recommend? Are the Mack Daddy's worth the extra money compared to the Freak Nasty's?
    I got the scent blocker outfitter jacket and pants and love them. Had a bunch of deer around me in archery. I only wear them in archery though. The outfitters are water proof and have a removable fleece liner. I don't think the others do. One major appeal to me was the fact that you can put your jacket on over your harness. I was too uncomfortable with a harness over my jacket. I couldn't use pockets. I'm glad I bought them even as expensive as they are. Take care of them, they'll last. Really well made, as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast