Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Read posts in UCP not updating.

When I look at my User Control Panel (UCP), I see a list of threads that have been updated. These are listed in bold. Threads that have been updated recently but that I've already read are listed in normal print.

Lately, when I've read the threads listed in my UCP, then reload my UCP, some threads will not "unbold" (meaning, shown as read) until I've read them again. To be utterly unambiguous about this, there have been no new posts added to the thread since the last time I read it, and I have read all the posts in the thread. To read the thread, I am clicking the down arrow to the left of the thread title, not the right arrow next to the poster's name. The time between reloads is in the minutes range, not the seconds range. If I then re-read the thread, and reload again, the thread goes from bold to normal.

This is new behavior in the last, say, week or so. My first thought is that one of the database servers is running out of sync with the other either due to load or hardware problems, but I'll leave the detective work to others. I hung up my root password years ago.

Default Re: Read posts in UCP not updating.

Three day bump. Still happening.

(Montgomery County)

I cant reproduce it, even on a test account, sounds like a cookie problem to me, since that is how those settings are kept and maintained.

try blowing out your cookies offline, then trying again... this isn't a server thing per se.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    try blowing out your cookies offline, then trying again... this isn't a server thing per se.
    Will do. I'll log out, dump the poofa cookie, dump cache, log in, and have it again. Will report results.

(Allegheny County)

It's been that way for me for months perhaps...

I just figured it was either because I'm using a dinosaur of a computer, or because I leave the PAFOA tab open 24/7 and never log out.

You are not alone.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

It's still happening.

ETA: I also restarted my browser after I did the cookie and cache clearing, just to be absolutely sure.
    Last edited by FNG19; December 5th, 2010 at 09:05 PM.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    It's still happening.
    I usually have to restart the computer when it starts to happen to me. With the computer constantly logged in, it happens about every two weeks.
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    I usually have to restart the computer when it starts to happen to me. With the computer constantly logged in, it happens about every two weeks.
    Thanks for the input! For what it's worth, I shut down when I'm done with the computer for the day.

(Montgomery County)

no idea then, sorry.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    When I look at my User Control Panel (UCP), I see a list of threads that have been updated. These are listed in bold. Threads that have been updated recently but that I've already read are listed in normal print.

Lately, when I've read the threads listed in my UCP, then reload my UCP, some threads will not "unbold" (meaning, shown as read) until I've read them again. To be utterly unambiguous about this, there have been no new posts added to the thread since the last time I read it, and I have read all the posts in the thread. To read the thread, I am clicking the down arrow to the left of the thread title, not the right arrow next to the poster's name. The time between reloads is in the minutes range, not the seconds range. If I then re-read the thread, and reload again, the thread goes from bold to normal.

This is new behavior in the last, say, week or so. My first thought is that one of the database servers is running out of sync with the other either due to load or hardware problems, but I'll leave the detective work to others. I hung up my root password years ago.
    That happens to me periodically as well. I log out, clear all history and cookies, and restart - all is fine until the next time it happens.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast