PK, I am very surprised you did not get any replies to your post.
Nikon had a Predator Week in Jan. and there were a huge number of replies and many from Pa. I guess you have to look pretty hard to find some place that doesn't have coyotes. I have used the Coyote Special scope and I like it. No, not just because I do some work for Nikon but because it has the BDC style reticle and it lets you easily pick up your target and make a lethal shot. I always tell guys to check out Nikonhunting.com, click on the Spot On logo, it'll take you to a free site That will let you enter everything from your scope to your ammo and give you the corresponding distances for each of the circles on your Coyote Special/BDC scope. It is a pretty awesome program. Defintely you'll need range time to get used tot he scope, it's not a fine target style reticle, it's designed for shooting predators.
Check out nikonhunting.com and the Spot ON site and let me know what you think. Many of my friends in Mn. are just now able to get out and start predator hunting because of all the snow and bitter cold. Down her in N. Tx we have only had to stop for a week or 2 because of ice and yes snow, now we are back into the 70's.
I hope this info. helps?
Bart
Nikon Pro Staff