Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Laser/Light for HK P30

I started looking into a laser/light combo for my P30. After doing a little research I came across the "stackable" laser and lights. Any opinion on which route is better? I like the option of removing the light for easier CC.

I am more looking to get them for fun and the "cool factor". The laser anyway. The light I would like to keep on my home protection gun (XD40) when not being "cool" on my P30.

Money is not a huge issue but I would like to keep it reasonable, under 300 for the combo or combined depending how you look at it.

So far I like the Uni-max with rail. The light I haven't seen anything that sets itself off from others. As far as combos it seems they all look good but I have no idea what ones are decent. A little help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Laser/Light for HK P30

I swear by and carry crimson trace grips on my carry/HD gear. never fails me, can see it in the daytime, and work like a champ. not sure if they make them for yours yet.

If not, a TLE 2. the lights are stupid bright, the lasers accurate, and the whole thing easy to use. plus you can take it off in like 3 seconds, but only on purpose (using a coin for the screw).

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by steviesterno View Post
    I swear by and carry crimson trace grips on my carry/HD gear. never fails me, can see it in the daytime, and work like a champ. not sure if they make them for yours yet.

If not, a TLE 2. the lights are stupid bright, the lasers accurate, and the whole thing easy to use. plus you can take it off in like 3 seconds, but only on purpose (using a coin for the screw).
    if you hand tighten them they stay on. Then you don't need a coin. I just use my fingers to loosen my TLR-1

(Berks County)

Alas they aren't green lasers. Since it is more for a cool factor than tactical.. I am looking for green. The XD can have something like that since it is more the home defense gun. Can't go wrong with the Streamlight line.
    Last edited by dregan; December 2nd, 2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: typo

(Berks County)

Viridian's X5L is appealing, but they are no longer producing the Gen 1. Does anyone know what the Gen 2 changes are? Viridian's web site doesn't have any info. Maybe someone out there has heard?