Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Glock 23c vs 32c

I'm ready for another Glock ( have one 39 so far ) and want either the 23c or 32c. First, I know, "why the heck did you pick those" ? Well, I just wanted the compensated version for no other reason than they are different. I don't care about reducing recoil, or any technical reasons, it's just something "neat". I have far too many 9 mm's, so I was going for the 40 - but then thought I always wanted a 357 sig, maybe this is the time ? I realize the 357 sig ammo is much pricier and harder to find - but taking that out of the equation, is there a better argument for one vs the other ?
    Thanks, I know you guys always have some great feedback

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Glock 23c vs 32c

well since you want something just because its different or "exotic" then why not just go for the .357sig? It is definately rarer then .40

(Monroe County)

Cruzans what will the Gun be used for? Camping, hiking self defense, range or just to have and to shoot.? As a defensive round the .40 and the .357 is at the top of the pack both will do .

I own 3 .40's although i do not really like the .40, i own 1 .357 Sig, a Glock 32 and i must say it is a awesome caliber/gun combination, i love the .357 Sig and i enjoy shooting it over the .40.

I say get the Glock 32 being that you want something unusual anyway.
    But be aware of its limitations, expensive/rare ammo limited weight ammo etc.

(Lebanon County)

Get either one and then order a lone wolf conversion barrel for it. Then you will have both.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

I'd vote G32c. If you want to shoot .40 out of it just pick up an OE Glock G23c barrel.

(Washington County)

Haven't read all the replies, but You can buy the Glock 23 and get a conversion kit for .357 sig and have both...

http://www.glockworld.com/item/43170...arrel_std.aspx

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I'm ready for another Glock ( have one 39 so far ) and want either the 23c or 32c. First, I know, "why the heck did you pick those" ? Well, I just wanted the compensated version for no other reason than they are different. I don't care about reducing recoil, or any technical reasons, it's just something "neat". I have far too many 9 mm's, so I was going for the 40 - but then thought I always wanted a 357 sig, maybe this is the time ? I realize the 357 sig ammo is much pricier and harder to find - but taking that out of the equation, is there a better argument for one vs the other ?
    Thanks, I know you guys always have some great feedback
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

(Chester County)

The C series Glocks have never ran as well as the standard models.

I've seen a few barrels blow on the 23C's, but that is not to imply that .357SIG will fare any better. In fact, the .357SIG's are probably the least reliable Glock caliber line, edging out the .45ACP's on parts breakage.

If you don't care about reliabilty and want something fun and different, get whatever you like.

If you want a reliable gun that you can trust, don't get either. If you must have a 23, look at a Gen 4 23 (not a C model).

(Cumberland County)

Thanks all - will be using the gun for range mainly, and carry at times. Think I will stick to the 40 for ammo reasons, then perhaps get the 357 barrel as suggested. Thanks again !