Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
My story goes like this, The special regs area in SEPA used to be rte 30 and 100 or something like that and rifles were legal in Marsh creek SP and Warwick areas. I was on the hill in the public game lands until noon. I cut a fresh blood trail and decided to follow it. If there was a gut pile then story has a happy ending, If there was a deer at the end then I would help the guy find it, if he didn't show up then I would tag it and drag it. Any way, I get into a real hellified thicket, I had to crawl on my hands and knees through briars and such to follow this blood trail. I hear a shot about 50yds away or so, I figure I jumped the wounded deer and another guy finished it off. I yelled out "Hey did you get the deer?" and the guy says "NO". I come out onto the main trail a few minutes later and said "Which way did it go?" He says, "up over that way." I said "Was it a buck or a doe?" He says "I didn't see it I shot at the sound, its the second "Sound Shot" I have had today" I said "what?!?" he says "its the second sound shot I have had today"
I flipped out on this guy. I walked up one side and down the other. I demanded his back tag number and he started to back away. then turned and ran down the trail. I kept screaming at this fudd about how insanely stupid he was and I WAS IN THAT THICKET YOU JUST BLINDLY SHOT INTO!! until I couldn't see him anymore.

Even now my blood boils at the memory
You are a stronger man than I am. I have a temper but I've never had the desire to get physical with anyone (except my brother, we used to fight like dogs). But I would have had the extreme desire to knock this guy out. Just reading your story makes my blood boil. The adrenaline alone would have enabled me to chase this jackass down and tackle him for his back tag. This seriously infuriates me. I'm reminded of one time this past summer when I was pulling into an intersection on my motorcycle and some lady in an SUV, driving 65 mph coming off the highway, decided to run the red light. Yeah, I'm 22 and I had my short life flash before my eyes as I watched her SUV pass my front tire by a few feet as I screeched to a halt. I then tracked her down up to the next light, buzzed up to her window, and gave her a piece of my mind. I wanted her to look into the eyes of the person she almost killed. Good thing I developed the habit of looking both ways even when the light is green.

At any rate, I know it should surprise me that there's people out there that aim at sounds and shoot, but sadly it does not surprise me. Working at Cabela's in Hamburg, I met some of the idiots that are in the woods with us. Years of retail have made me lose faith in the majority of humanity.

Stay safe gentlemen.