Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Hunter found dead in Quakertown

Not to jump to conclusions but....Let the family pull the switch....
    Wife says she saw him interviewed on the news day of the shooting.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by scott125 View Post
    http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-h...,6721581.story

Rifle seized in the same caliper as the bullet found.
    found this on that link in the comments. the news interviewed the guy in question the day of the accident/ or murder
    http://www.wfmz.com/bucksnews/25949094/detail.html

(Bucks County)

I honestly thought they would never find out who did it. It's not over yet, but it seems like they have a good lead. Regardless of if that guy is guilty or not, he should never have talked to the police, or let them in his residence. Even if they can't "fingerprint" match the recovered bullet to his firearm, anything he said CAN and WILL be used against him. Of course, if he is guilty I hope he goes down, hard.

(Montgomery County)

Unbelievable. I too thought this would be a hard case to crack. It seems the night of the killing they had the right guy. Now they are just trying to put it all together for a proper prosecution.

If Kimble was shooting out of the window, he is a total asshole and should be locked up. I can imagine the statements now about booze and guns... we need to outlaw it so that only outlaws mix the two. I have been drunk many times, and it has never occurred to me that shooting out of a window when people were around was a great idea. A senseless death caused by a retard.

I found the statement about observing the property line with the scoped rifle odd. Bucks county does not border the Korean DMZ. Usually you can go to a trespasser and say "hey, this is my property leave now!" This Kimble guy seems like a real genius, and he should pay for his crime. (I am not saying he is guilty, he is guilty of being stupid, a jury of his peers will most likely find him guilty of the killing)
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Bucks county does not border the Korean DMZ.
    Yeah but we only have a river separating us from NJ. And then there is them people in Lehigh county right next door......

Is anyone familiar with the Quakertown local known as 'Tex'? He used to ride a bicycle and have a cow sometimes as he used to walk up and down 313? What's his real name? Just curious if 'Tex' is also known as 'Cowboy'.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Who in this area does not know of Tex?

That guy has been around for ages, I think I may have even given him a ride one time. I think it was in the late 70's that the cow you are talking about kicked him in the leg and my brother drove him to the hospital.

As to the subject at hand, unfortunately there are a number of these idiots out there.

I was playing cards at a friends house one time a few years back. This guy was rather inexperienced about guns, and like many males thought he was genetically predisposed to know how to handle a weapon, as the few times I tried to show him how to safely handle a gun and shoot, I was met with ridicule. Anyway, on the night I was playing cards with him he pulls out some kind of revolver from his wasteband and starts waving it around, at me, his girlfriend, and at another guest. I think in his mind he thought he was being funny...I did not think it was funny, as I was always taught never to point a gun (whether loaded or unloaded) at anything you did not intend to shoot, and that when showing a gun to someone to always prove to that person that it was not loaded, or let that person make that determination themself. Since he would not relinquish the gun or stop acting like a fool, I got up and left and was followed by the other house guest and the girlfriend who was so angry with him she left also and went to her mothers. I have not seen or talked to that person since that night.

Other experience was maybe 10-12 years ago, I visited a high school buddy who had just bought a parcel of land and visited him at his "property". There were a few other people there, and by the time I showed up all were liquored up pretty well. Didnt take long for the guns to come out once I showed up. Shotguns, 45s, and AR's. The guys just started drunkenly blasting away into the woods at plastic bottles they had hanging from the trees. This was not an unpopulated area. There were houses on either side of this guys property, and the area that he was shooting into was a state game lands that anyone could have been walking on. Again I was always taught to never shoot unless you were sure of where your bullet will strike. I mentioned to the guy that he had no idea where the bullets were going, and that anyone could be back in those woods and get hit his reply was "well what are the odds of that happening". I left after that statement.

I've seen a few other shenanigans like that over the years performed both by people I know and strangers, and Ive been called some pretty nasty names because people think I have an uptight attitude about firearms safety, but with a gun all it takes is once instance of being unsafe to destroy your life and someone elses life.

Sorry for the long post>..

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by scott125 View Post
    http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-h...,6721581.story

Rifle seized in the same caliper as the bullet found.
    Well, I'm damned surprised. I figured this would never be solved (not that it's over - he still hasn't pleaded and/or gone to trial, but...). Good to see most criminals are truly idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Unbelievable. I too thought this would be a hard case to crack. It seems the night of the killing they had the right guy. Now they are just trying to put it all together for a proper prosecution.

If Kimble was shooting out of the window, he is a total asshole and should be locked up. I can imagine the statements now about booze and guns... we need to outlaw it so that only outlaws mix the two. I have been drunk many times, and it has never occurred to me that shooting out of a window when people were around was a great idea. A senseless death caused by a retard.

I found the statement about observing the property line with the scoped rifle odd. Bucks county does not border the Korean DMZ. Usually you can go to a trespasser and say "hey, this is my property leave now!" This Kimble guy seems like a real genius, and he should pay for his crime. (I am not saying he is guilty, he is guilty of being stupid, a jury of his peers will most likely find him guilty of the killing)
    I had envisioned him 'sniping' him from the window. However, I guess it could have been a drunken, careless accident too... Or a drunken murder. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    Is anyone familiar with the Quakertown local known as 'Tex'? He used to ride a bicycle and have a cow sometimes as he used to walk up and down 313? What's his real name? Just curious if 'Tex' is also known as 'Cowboy'.
    Well, does 'Tex' look like the guy in this video:
    Quote Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
    found this on that link in the comments. the news interviewed the guy in question the day of the accident/ or murder
    http://www.wfmz.com/bucksnews/25949094/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    Well, does 'Tex' look like the guy in this video:
    That is not Tex.

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    That is not Tex.
    Well, that's a relief. I think it's more along the lines of a rite of passage if you give him a ride. My girlfriend and I gave him a ride a little bit after I came home from my first tour in Iraq. I felt kind of bad because it was raining. We picked him up in Dublin, where he was quite comical. By the time we hit Nockamixon sport shop, he went from telling joked to thumping the bible and preaching the apocalypse. The car could not go fast enough to where he asked to be dropped him off. I'm glad it's not him though...I also kinda figured he would not be tasked to be someones caretaker of property when taking his lifestyle into consideration, but wanted to make sure.

...I wonder what else this investigation will turn up. I thought it would have gone cold by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast