Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hunter found dead in Quakertown

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    I have just had a scathingly brilliant idea.
    Bring along an old vest and put it on the deer while dragging or carrying it out, keep yours on.
    I have seen Fudds who shoot at noises before, up in Warwick game lands.
    A friend of mine heard a couple idiots from NY talking about hunting when he was at a diner. They were dressed in orange so someone asked them if they had any luck. They said they had a couple good "sound" shots but that was it. They questioned "sound" shots, like maybe they meant sound as if well placed shots at a deer. NO, they meant they heard a noise and shot in that general direction. Holy Shit, no amount of orange will save you from an idiot like this. I'm thinking of wearing a little collar with a bell on it.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    A friend of mine heard a couple idiots from NY talking about hunting when he was at a diner. They were dressed in orange so someone asked them if they had any luck. They said they had a couple good "sound" shots but that was it. They questioned "sound" shots, like maybe they meant sound as if well placed shots at a deer. NO, they meant they heard a noise and shot in that general direction. Holy Shit, no amount of orange will save you from an idiot like this. I'm thinking of wearing a little collar with a bell on it.
    How do you aim at a sound? Does the guy have a dB meter on his scope? WTF lol

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    I am older than you and when I went to get my license, i had to show proof of a Hunter Safety course. Maybe it was because I was 12.
    Ditto. My Dad knew the guy at the shop for about 30 years and he knew me my whole life and we still had to show him the card.

I haven't been hunting since 1988, but was thinking about starting. The things I have been reading here are making me reconsider.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    Oh, and not only is hunting not allowed on the A.T....

Says who?

See link:
    Hunting—with the proper state licenses—is PERMITTED along approximately 1,250 miles of the Appalachian Trail through national forest lands, national recreation areas, and on state forests and game lands.
    ...but it was also Sunday...
    That I believe would be illegal.

(Columbia County)

Wow! That is damn scary. Someone needs to take those idiots out back and make them never want to come back to PA again. Wow. Just wow.

My story goes like this, The special regs area in SEPA used to be rte 30 and 100 or something like that and rifles were legal in Marsh creek SP and Warwick areas. I was on the hill in the public game lands until noon. I cut a fresh blood trail and decided to follow it. If there was a gut pile then story has a happy ending, If there was a deer at the end then I would help the guy find it, if he didn't show up then I would tag it and drag it. Any way, I get into a real hellified thicket, I had to crawl on my hands and knees through briars and such to follow this blood trail. I hear a shot about 50yds away or so, I figure I jumped the wounded deer and another guy finished it off. I yelled out "Hey did you get the deer?" and the guy says "NO". I come out onto the main trail a few minutes later and said "Which way did it go?" He says, "up over that way." I said "Was it a buck or a doe?" He says "I didn't see it I shot at the sound, its the second "Sound Shot" I have had today" I said "what?!?" he says "its the second sound shot I have had today"
    I flipped out on this guy. I walked up one side and down the other. I demanded his back tag number and he started to back away. then turned and ran down the trail. I kept screaming at this fudd about how insanely stupid he was and I WAS IN THAT THICKET YOU JUST BLINDLY SHOT INTO!! until I couldn't see him anymore.

Even now my blood boils at the memory
    Last edited by bigandy1966; December 9th, 2010 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twoeggsup View Post
    Says who?

See link:

That I believe would be illegal.
    huh...my bad I guess. For some reason I was thinking that hunting was not allowed on the trail itself, that you had to be a certain distance off the trail to hunt.

Actually....

It was raining, and I had a blue/purple gore-tex shell on when a Fudd comes around the corner with a shotgun and proceeds to tell me how lucky I was he did not shoot me because with the color of my rain coat he thought I was a turkey.
    thats unbelievable, but believable.
    FJB

. . . They said they had a couple good "sound" shots but that was it. They questioned "sound" shots, like maybe they meant sound as if well placed shots at a deer. NO, they meant they heard a noise and shot in that general direction. Holy Shit, no amount of orange will save you from an idiot like this. I'm thinking of wearing a little collar with a bell on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    . . . He says "I didn't see it I shot at the sound, its the second "Sound Shot" I have had today" I said "what?!?" he says "its the second sound shot I have had today"
    . . .
    I was reminded of a line from "Broken Arrow":

"I don't know what's scarier - losing nuclear weapons or that it happens so often that we have a name for it."

(Lehigh County)

I've never hunted but have always wanted to. Needless to say, I highly doubt I'll ever do so. I have seen some of these backwards folk at the range. I'll stay in the city.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin-

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast