Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Exclamation Re: Hunter found dead in Quakertown

LATEST DEVELOPMENT!!!

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...111209499.html

Bucks County Authorities claim an illegal high powered rifle killed the hunter in Quakertown.

I do not know of any rifle that is illegal for hunting because it is "too powerful." Anyone here with knowledge of such a thing, feel free to chime in.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Hunter found dead in Quakertown

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    LATEST DEVELOPMENT!!!

Bucks County Authorities claim an illegal high powered rifle killed the hunter in Quakertown.

I do not know of any rifle that is illegal for hunting because it is "too powerful." Anyone here with knowledge of such a thing, feel free to chime in.
    Bucks, Montco, Philly, Delco and I believe Chesco counties are shotgun only.

(Bucks County)

LATEST DEVELOPMENT!!!

Go back and read posts 23, 27, 28 & 29.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    Go back and read posts 23, 27, 28 & 29.

That is not my point. My point is the headline and sensational reporting. Here is the headline:

"Illegal High-Powered Rifle Killed Hunter: Police"

See it clearly now?

Illegal gun or illegal activity? Do I really have to spoon feed this to you?
    Last edited by Steve_NEPhila; December 2nd, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Bucks County)

[QUOTE=Steve_NEPhila;1417041]That is not my point. My point is the headline and sensational reporting. Here is the headline:

"Illegal High-Powered Rifle Killed Hunter: Police"

See it clearly now?

Illegal gun or illegal activity? Do I really have to spoon feed this to you?[/QUOTE]

I like your last sentence you edited your post, How old are you?

My point was your "LATEST DEVELOPMENT" wasn't the latest.

If you read the other posts you could see that you can't use a rifle to deer hunt in Bucks County.

And when doesn't a paper not sensationalize headlines?

Spoon fed enough for you???

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Bucks County)

See it clearly now?

Illegal gun or illegal activity? Do I really have to spoon feed this to you?
    I'm starting to like theo's dog.....

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtuff View Post
    Ok, can someone school me here? It's rifle season, but it's illegal to hunt in Bucks county with a rifle? Is that all rifles, or just centerfire? What type of weapon would the killed hunter have been using? A muzzle loader?
    Ramtuff, please do not take any offense to what I'm about to say, I just want to make a broader point with your statement.

When I took the hunter safety course, I had never been hunting in my life and i knew no one who hunted. I entered the sport out of my own interest. They gave me the hunter digest and i read it front to back several times over. I made sure I understood all of the rules and regs, not only for where I was hunting, but for other parts of the state as well. In a sport like deer hunting, it is inherently dangerous, and I didn't want to make any mistakes. I feel as gun owners and hunters, it is our duty to fully understand our sport through and through. It not only ensures our safety, but the safety of others. It also gives us the power to self patrol and stop idiots from dangerous behavior that could get themselves killed (like the story of the guy carrying an eight point on his back while wearing no orange).

It is our primary DUTY to know the rules, regulations, and laws for this sport because of the inherent danger and risks involved. Let's go people, something like firearm restriction in certain county's and WMU's should not be a surprise. It isn't difficult to read the digest every year to make sure things haven't changed. Its not a difficult read, and you might learn something that could save your life. Hunting is a fantastic sport and it's my favorite time of the year, but when it comes to doing this safely, there should be no screwing around and there should be no surprises.
    Last edited by Squid; December 2nd, 2010 at 09:00 PM.

(Berks County)

Thanks for the education, everyone. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Ramtuff, please do not take any offense to what I'm about to say, I just want to make a broader point with your statement.

When I took the hunter safety course, I had never been hunting in my life and i knew no one who hunted. I entered the sport out of my own interest. They gave me the hunter digest and i read it front to back several times over. I made sure I understood all of the rules and regs, not only for where I was hunting, but for other parts of the state as well. In a sport like deer hunting, it is inherently dangerous, and I didn't want to make any mistakes. I feel as gun owners and hunters, it is our duty to fully understand our sport through and through. It not only ensures our safety, but the safety of others. It also gives us the power to self patrol and stop idiots from dangerous behavior that could get themselves killed (like the story of the guy carrying an eight point on his back while wearing no orange).

It is our primary DUTY to know the rules, regulations, and laws for this sport because of the inherent danger and risks involved. Let's go people, something like firearm restriction in certain county's and WMU's should not be a surprise. It isn't difficult to read the digest every year to make sure things haven't changed. Its not a difficult read, and you might learn something that could save your life. Hunting is a fantastic sport and it's my favorite time of the year, but when it comes to doing this safely, there should be no screwing around and there should be no surprises.
    Why would I take offense? I agree with everything you said. Currently, I'm not a hunter, and have never been hunting a day in my life, but I've recently taken an interest in it. That said, I'll readily admit I'm totally ignorant of anything hunting related, including the law. That's where my question stemmed from...as a non-hunter who is ignorant of the law. At this point, I'm not sure if I'll ever go hunting, but I do plan on taking the hunter's safety course, if for nothing else but the education.

(Centre County)

Ramtuff,

I realized my assumption that you were a hunter after posting my reply. Good to hear you're considering taking up the sport. You'll quickly fall in love with it.

Be safe out there guys, stories like this shooting are frightening and simply should not take place.

(Berks County)

No problem...never pass up the opportunity to teach safety.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast