Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Hunter found dead in Quakertown

Not being a lawyer, Obstruction of justice would come to mind. Martha Stewart did not go to jail for anything she did, lying about it is all, ditto Scouter Libby. Marino was a DA, there must be something criminal in his behavior this case. I know douchbaggery is not a crime but this guy deserves to be charged.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Not being a lawyer, Obstruction of justice would come to mind. Martha Stewart did not go to jail for anything she did, lying about it is all, ditto Scouter Libby. Marino was a DA, there must be something criminal in his behavior this case. I know douchbaggery is not a crime but this guy deserves to be charged.
    I have no information as to his future plans, but I think we can assume that the former DA, former County Commissioner, is not going to be elected to anything else as long as the Internet exists.

I could be wrong.

Ted Kennedy was repeatedly elected to the Senate, long after he drowned that girl and left her to die alone while he lawyered-up.

The weight of this story really hits me when I think of Groh's son having to be pushed away by cops so he wouldn't see (though I'm not sure that's the right thing to do). I'll pray for that family.
    Last edited by JP8; December 18th, 2010 at 11:29 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Whiskey View Post
    I am a firm advocate of the 2nd.
    I do not understand why you are not connecting the dots.
    The girl friend lawyered up 2 weeks ago.
    The target of the investigastion is a known public felon.
    The target has multiple pics and recorded Public docs confirming him using a firearm.
    The target shot and killed a man (maybe an accident, only the powers that be know)
    The target's hunting partner knows all the above.
    The target's hunting partner knows or should know that you can not use a rifle or hunt from a moving platform in this situation.
    The target appears to have broken many common sense firearm related laws that folks who wish to preserve our right would take offense.
    It appears that the target was well coached and represented as if I or any other common man would be facing a lot harsher charges

Why are you worrried about someone connected with this getting the "hairy" eyeball?
    I want these kind of folks off the streets as much as the crack dealers who get their girls to buy guns for them.
    I'm thinking of a sweet sale on guns :P

In all honesty I'm not defending him, I agree, fry the fucker or shoot him with his own rifle... I'm fine with either or.

What I still can't put together though is how weapons that weren't in his possession or on his property were seized because they had his name attached to them at one point?

Aren't you allowed to give away your fire arms when you are arrested so you don't lose them? with no transfers in PA wouldn't giving them to his girlfriend who put them in the attic qualify as a transfer of firearms to another party?

And since these firearms all belong to another party and aren't in his possession then the only 2 firearms that should have been seized and are evidence would be the shotgun and the 30.06 as those were his rifles and in his possession... right?

I'm wondering I I need to go do a transfer on the 2 rifles I've gotten from my dad because I'm sure they are still in his name
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Thumbs down Re: Hunter found dead in Quakertown

Quote Originally Posted by 30Glock View Post
    It's unconscionable to me how 3 people can stand over a body and not one of them had the decency to dial 911 and report this tragic accident, If indeed that’s what it was. their all criminals and should all face the same fate.
    Bingo, failure to render aid, when you are hunting or an officer of the the court, has to be buried in there someplace.
    The Bucks DA does not want to go all out.
    If you operate a boat and cause an accident and fail to assist it is a big wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I'm thinking of a sweet sale on guns :P

In all honesty I'm not defending him, I agree, fry the fucker or shoot him with his own rifle... I'm fine with either or.

What I still can't put together though is how weapons that weren't in his possession or on his property were seized because they had his name attached to them at one point?

Aren't you allowed to give away your fire arms when you are arrested so you don't lose them? with no transfers in PA wouldn't giving them to his girlfriend who put them in the attic qualify as a transfer of firearms to another party?

And since these firearms all belong to another party and aren't in his possession then the only 2 firearms that should have been seized and are evidence would be the shotgun and the 30.06 as those were his rifles and in his possession... right?

I'm wondering I I need to go do a transfer on the 2 rifles I've gotten from my dad because I'm sure they are still in his name
    Dread,
    I do not know all the in's and out's but if she only harbored 2 guns that she let various felons use or had a safe room with two hundred guns that she let folks use/borrow she opened the door wide open.
    Example: "Your honor I only lent THESE guns to the dealers @ 5th & Lehiegh , but the other guns were always in my attic.

(Monroe County)

Dread,
    I do not know all the in's and out's but if she only harbored 2 guns that she let various felons use or had a safe room with two hundred guns that she let folks use/borrow she opened the door wide open.
    Example: "Your honor I only lent THESE guns to the dealers @ 5th & Lehiegh , but the other guns were always in my attic.
    Then she would be arrested for providing firearms to a known felon and would probably end up accessory to murder I would guess... I didn't see any of that mentioned?

once again I want to be clear, I'm not trying to defend this dipshit. I am just curious on the legal reasoning behind this other then "we are taking guns off the street"
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    . . .

If you BECOME prohibited, then you have a window in which to dispose of firearms that were not involved in crimes (derivative contraband).

This guy was prohibited for years, and continued to own guns (according to the news accounts.) Every gun he possessed became contraband, and upon discovery they should all be forfeit.

One thing I've noticed over the years, in the way of small justices, is that dirtbags don't tend to have loyal friends. It takes a decent man to keep decent friends. Since his girlfriend has already lawyered-up, and his future life seems incompatible with her remaining his girlfriend anyway, I'd fully expect her to make a deal and squeal on him like fat kid on a rusty swingset.

Bingo, failure to render aid, when you are hunting or an officer of the the court, has to be buried in there someplace.
    The Bucks DA does not want to go all out.
    If you operate a boat and cause an accident and fail to assist it is a big wrong.
    I saw a claim that the deceased would have died within 60 seconds, which is what you'd expect when a man a few score yards away uses a telescopically-sighted rifle to shoot you dead-center-of-mass. Failure to render aid in this circumstance seems moot.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    This guy's disturbing criminal history is irrelevant to any trial, the jury won't know about the shoplifting, or the head-bashing, or the previous hunting mishap where the guy was shot in the neck.
    Correct me if I'm wrong (as I am not a lawyer), but wouldn't his past criminal history come up during trial because of the weapons violations? Wouldn't his prohibiting crime be made available to the jury?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Been kicking around a radical idea for all you to consider for quite some time

Would you be for or against prohibited persons having special color PA driver license or easy to read code on DL?

What’s your opinion?

Considering the human cost in this case this might have prevented had this been in effect, might save others lives as well.

Police / WCO / hunting license issue agents / FLL dealers would instantly know their status at point of contact, sure would solve and create some problems.

Part of this change you would have to give people a real path to have their rights fully restored so there is some extra reason to turn their life around so they wouldn't always feel or be treated like a criminal. People make and do stupid mistakes when they are young, they are not the same person 10 years later, they should have a means to legally correct this as a real reward for good behavior and being a responsible Citizen.

IF we ever get constitutional carry sure would aide all the above, help solve problems like straw purchases, traffic stops etc

THOUGHTS?
    Boy, I'm really torn on that one. One part of me says yeah, the other part says no.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Why in the 1993 incident were charges not filed for firearms violations? Manila's felony occured in the 80's right?
    My monies on yet another round of nepotism.
    It said in one of the news articles that because it was a summary offense that his criminal past was not looked into and was not known at that time (because it was never looked into).

I covered this before, but what exactly would you charge the former DA with?

The felon's possession of the guns during the hunt was just a continuation of his possession for (apparently) some years. The uncle didn't supply the rifle or shotgun, he didn't allow the sociopath to hide the gun in his truck afterwards, he hasn't (apparently) lied about any aspect of the shooting.

In the absence of any obligation to report crimes to authorities, what would you charge him with? Conspiracy to hunt deer during deer season?

Sure, if it was me, and my nephew had nearly killed two men to my knowledge, yes, I would certainly take steps to minimize the danger he posed to the world. But there's no law saying I have to, it's just how I was raised, to be decent and responsible. Others appear to have been raised...differently.
    Isn't this akin to hit and run? Can't those in the hunting party be charged just like a passenger in a hit and run case be charged (which I believe is the case - again, I could be wrong)?

(Monroe County)

If you BECOME prohibited, then you have a window in which to dispose of firearms that were not involved in crimes (derivative contraband).

This guy was prohibited for years, and continued to own guns (according to the news accounts.) Every gun he possessed became contraband, and upon discovery they should all be forfeit.

One thing I've noticed over the years, in the way of small justices, is that dirtbags don't tend to have loyal friends. It takes a decent man to keep decent friends. Since his girlfriend has already lawyered-up, and his future life seems incompatible with her remaining his girlfriend anyway, I'd fully expect her to make a deal and squeal on him like fat kid on a rusty swingset.

I saw a claim that the deceased would have died within 60 seconds, which is what you'd expect when a man a few score yards away uses a telescopically-sighted rifle to shoot you dead-center-of-mass. Failure to render aid in this circumstance seems moot.
    cool that makes sense, thanks

and this:

I'd fully expect her to make a deal and squeal on him like fat kid on a rusty swingset.
    was awesome

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast