Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Hunter found dead in Quakertown

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post

Now as far as having access to firearms, are you saying that everyone else should lock up everything they have or that he should know that he cannot touch them?
    What I'm saying is if the other people in his hunting party knew about his prior arrest record and the fact that he shouldn't be allowed to own/have access to a firearm and they still willingly participated in the hunt with a person not to possess firearms then there should be some form of punishment for them as well. Loss of hunting privileges for xx amount of time etc.

Maybe I'm wrong in my thinking....

(Bucks County)

His lawyer who was fully aware of his history was in the hunting party.....wowiee. There's so much fail in this story that it's hard to believe.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by soup View Post
    What I'm saying is if the other people in his hunting party knew about his prior arrest record and the fact that he shouldn't be allowed to own/have access to a firearm and they still willingly participated in the hunt with a person not to possess firearms then there should be some form of punishment for them as well. Loss of hunting privileges for xx amount of time etc.

Maybe I'm wrong in my thinking....
    Well, isn't there something that does fall under this? Aiding and abetting maybe? Is it known for certain that he was actually hunting? There seems to be a lot of different variables between each news article I read. The only thing that hasn't changed other then the main topic of the story, is that he was shot by a "High powered rifle that is Illegal to use in Bucks county".
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Berks County)

The article from the Reporter... It's like a who's who of Montgomery County... I highlighted the section where it appears that Manilla's rifle will be owned by his girlfriend.... as someone else said... So full of fail... All should pay dearly...

A Worcester lawyer is suspected in the slaying of a hunter killed on the opening day of deer season.

According to published reports, David Manilla is a suspect in last month’s shooting of 52-year-old Barry Groh.

That’s according to Manilla’s attorney, Richard Winters. Manilla advertises himself as an expert in drunken-driving cases.

Bucks County District Attorney David Heckler told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Groh’s death resulted from “egregious” conduct.

Groh was shot and killed shortly after killing a buck near a property owned by Manilla.

Heckler says Manilla was out hunting with his uncle, former Montgomery County District Attorney Michael Marino, plus two others at the time Groh was shot, but would not name the suspected shooter.

Heckler says he plans to file either third-degree murder, involuntary manslaughter or reckless endangerment charges this week.

It also was reported that lawyer Timothy Woodward, a former Montgomery County detective and former first assistant district attorney, is representing Manilla’s girlfriend in the investigation. He declined further comment.

Manilla has a felony assault record in Montgomery County and a conviction for reckless hunting in Schuylkill County, and is in a probationary program for a shoplifting arrest last year in Berks County.

Angry Re: Hunter found dead in Quakertown

I had heard some of this but did not want to "Parrot" any of it as it was second hand info.
    As far as I am concerned they need to throw the book at all involved.
    There are so many levels of dis-regard for the law.
    Most likely the shooter should not have had access to a firearm.
    Probably a Straw purchase by the girlfriend.
    If you are in a hunting party and someone is violating the rules, don't you have a reasponsibility to the group and yourself. ( At the very least walk away)
    If you are an officer of the court and you see laws being broken and or are apart of it you should have done your duty or be disbarred
    They all should get hammered as well as the girl friend if it turns out that she helped with the purchase.
    The Victim is gone forever but I hope the family has the best Attorneys money can buy and go after every one of them to the extent at which they were involved.
    Hunting accidents happen and that sucks. This situation is far worse than an accident.
    One big thing I can not get over is that you had an Ex DA /Co. Comiss with great connections taking a stupid chance hunting w/ someone else who is violating a common hunting law. You would think he would have said something , to protect his own butt @ the very least, not to mention playing by the rules for the safety aspect.
    Arogance can be the only answer.
    I hope every one follows this story and keeps it alive until these folks are put in their place.

Due to all the top Montco law and politicos involved , the PA State AG should appoint a Special Prosecutor to take this case over.

This case stinks like a dead fish already.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Monroe County)

I just read this page WOW WTF.....
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Due to all the top Montco law and politicos involved , the PA State AG should appoint a Special Prosecutor to take this case over.

This case stinks like a dead fish already.
    Like they're trying to figure how to go easy on their own? Heckler should go balls to the wall on this one, or appoint someone who will.
    Last edited by PocketProtector; December 14th, 2010 at 08:52 PM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Exclamation Re: Hunter found dead in Quakertown

I have an hour tomorrow as my son is getting braces and I WILL be calling the Buck's DA Dept. .
    I suggest we all do as this is bad for all gun owners/ hunters alike.
    We need to demand that our top cops enforce what is already in place.

Why don't sharks eat lawyers?

Professional courtesy , plus it leaves a bad taste.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast