Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Bryan Miller (Ceasefire NJ) runs his mouth about Brian Aitken

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Angry, potty mouth troll perma-banned.

Carry on.
    Thank you.
    The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held his ground.

(Schuylkill County)

Again, I realize this is useless, but these points really grind my gears. (mods, I apologize in advance) But it's the typical style of the anti's. Throw a bunch of unfounded, unsupported jargon out in the field and hope the sheeple come to eat. Unfortunately for him, he won't get very far with that unsupported crap on a forum full of freedom lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by jheinze View Post
    Laws against handguns will not prevent all tragedy, and certainly not overnight. But it is the first step in the right direction. The 2nd amendment was established in 1791. That was two-hundred and nineteen years ago. Do you know what the United States was like two-hundred and nineteen years ago? If you did, you would know that but ten years had passed since the British were defeated at Yorktown. You would know that it was an unstable, largely rural country which harbored a tremendous fear of governmental persecution due to the rallying call of the Rebel Army: King George is a dictator. Fine.
    So what you're saying is that the Constitution is irrelevant, and outdated? You better watch yourself pal, your right to free speech is also included in there.

But two-hundred and nineteen years. The U.S. Army is not going to come take over your home. The government has no evil plan to kidnap your children.
    Really? Have you taken a hard look at countries like Africa lately? The unarmed people of the country are taken and forced into slavery, they are killed, raped, murdered.... Don't come on here and lecture us on how the Govt is here to help. You are completely oblivious to reality my friend. Time to wake up and smell the taxes and spending my friend. While complete govt control may seem like a wild theory, it is not far from reality. You seem to have a lot of useless time on your hands... how about you take a look at EVERYTHING in your daily life that the govt has control of. From taxes, to regulation, to mandates... You'll realize you aren't as "free" as what you think.

There are no serial killers lurking in wait for you. No matter how exciting that all sounds to pretend that it is true, it's just not the case. The need for advanced weaponary stems for unrationalized fear.
    You're right. There is no bad people out there. None. No murderers, rapists, etc. Everyone is a good, kind-hearted person waiting to help you with your groceries. Hitler was a saint. Bundy was a gentleman. And the Cartels are just trying to help out the economy.

You speak briefly (and insultingly) of helpless citizens. What I truly find helpless are people who have so little faith in themselves, who have so little compassion for humanity, that they would rather risk a horrible accident and the continuation of easy murders nationwide, than simply man-up and be brave. Find some courage in that spited soul of yours, Gun"Lawyer". Be the man that this country allows you to be.

Face the dangers you seem to perceive (I think you imagine) in the world on your own. I hope you eventually realize how incredibly selfish it is of you to demand the right to always tote about a weapon which can dish out death with a careless pull of your finger. Handguns are unnatural and have no place in a civilized world. If you want to return to savagery, let me know. I know
    Face the danger head on with no self defense? I guess you have never come face to face with 4 gang members surrounding you, armed with baseball bats, knives, and brass knuckles??

Like them or not, guns are here no matter what. Have you ever heard of the black market? Here, let me help you out. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=black+market

What happened when prohibition was implemented in the early 1900's? Oops, there was still alcohol, only law abiding citizens didn't get it, only crooks like Capone were getting and distributing it. What happens when drugs are illegal? Oops, dealers still get it, but law abiding citizens don't.

Use your head a little bit, please.

I'd have no trouble making it in a hunter-gatherer world - how do you think you'd fair?
    Ha.. yea, I'm sure. Thanks for the laugh. The only way you'd survive, is if someone was helping you out every step of the way. If big brother wasn't there to help you out, you'd be dead. I think you've watched too many Bear Grylls episodes, and you're just flexing your muscles thinking you can do it too. Trust me my friend, I'd take GunLawyer on my survival team any day over you...

Hope you join me in manhood soon.
    You come in here, make a bunch of unsupported crap statements, call people names, and you think you're manly? Thanks for another laugh. lol

Also please change your name to something at least remotely feasible.
    Wow, aren't we the bright shining star... he's a lawyer, who specializes in gun legality issues. If you can't understand that, you need to get off the computer and try to pass 3rd grade...
    III%

Some body asked me why I carried a gun I said for "rabid animals and politicians." they said how many rabid animals have you seen? I said plenty, and not all go about on four feet, some even manage to get elected and fall into the second category.
    Anyway, I consider Mr Aitken to be a political prisoner by proxy, not by choice. his view of the second amendment is what got him arrested. New Jerseys gun laws are un-constitutional and should be overturned. I hope he appeals this and takes it to the supreme court.

(Lancaster County)

The interesting thing is whether the appeal will get to the Supreme Court before the NJ carry case will. If it gets there immediately thereafter, he'll do quite well.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

I sent this kid a letter in prison. When I see his mug shot on the DOC site and hear about how he can't see his son anymore it makes me incredibly sad.

"If Mr. Aitken did the research he said he did, he would not have hollow-point bullets and large-capacity magazines in the vehicle," Miller said. "They are illegal, period."
    This is not true - period - at minimum for the JHP. They are restricted, not "illegal, period". They ARE permitted at the home and may be transported under the typical NJ state law "ban-with-exemptions" framework. FOPA AND NJ State law should arguably permit their transport so long as the transport of the firearm(s) is legal, which it clearly was. Bryan Miller has proven himself, repeatedly, to be both completely ignorant of firearms law - the same law that he has pushed on New Jersians for years - and the plain facts, based on UCR statistics. Instead, he quotes tracing data, which even BATFE warns SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR USEFUL STATISTICAL ANALYSIS because the sample data is highly unrepresentative.

The illegal possession conviction, and Judge Morley's refusal to answer THREE jury requests for transport exemptions, is why he is doing 7 years - and it is a complete outrage. Morley, BTW, has been replaced by Governor Christie for highly controversial rulings, including a refusal to convict a man for animal cruelty - he considered bestiality to be acceptable under the law.

Aitken himself asserted to Judge Napolitano (on Freedom Watch, great show) that he was told, while on a cell call from the investigating officer, while in transit to Hoboken, that a statewide BOLO would be issued and that he would be subject to immediate arrest - that is why he felt he had no choice but to return to his parents' house.

I feel that his BIGGEST mistake was giving consent to search - he acknowledged giving consent on FW - huge. Had he not done this he might not be in prison now.

Keep this in mind, gentle NJ readers! DON'T WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS!!!!
    Last edited by whatshappeninman; December 2nd, 2010 at 07:45 PM.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by whatshappeninman View Post
    They ARE permitted at the home and may be transported under the typical NJ state law "ban-with-exemptions" framework. FOPA AND NJ State law should arguably permit their transport so long as the transport of the firearm(s) is legal, which it clearly was.
    This is the first that I have seen any mention of FOPA in this case (Admittedly, I only started following it 2 nights ago, but still).

I have been wondering, regardless of how convoluted NJ's laws (and judicial system) are, does the FOPA not apply here?

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    This is the first that I have seen any mention of FOPA in this case (Admittedly, I only started following it 2 nights ago, but still).

I have been wondering, regardless of how convoluted NJ's laws (and judicial system) are, does the FOPA not apply here?
    I think this really points out the irreconcilable assertions made by the Judge and Prosecutor that the jury shouldn't have heard either about evidence that he was moving or statutory exemptions for same because there was no evidence. Morley told an interviewer that Aitken took too long and made multiple trips, and implied that he was deliberately attempting to get around transport laws so he could transport his guns around for several weeks.

In reality, Brian moved TWICE. That's still legal in fascist NJ, isn't it?

1) Leg 1. Moved from CO to his parents' place. LEGAL - protected by FOPA - end of story.

At beginning of move, he lived, ate, slept, bathed at his house in CO, had all his belongings there. At tend of move, he lived, ate slept, bathed at his parents' house, and moved all his belongings there. Sounds like a move to me!

2) Leg 2. Moved (or was moving, until he was slammed with a 7 year sentence) from his parents' place to a rental in Hoboken that he had signed a lease for along with a friend, who corroborated his move. Protected by NJSA 2C:39-6(e) - the statute clearly says WHEN MOVING. END OF STORY.

At the beginning of the move - he ate, slept, bathed at his parents' house and had all his belongings there. At the end of the move, he clearly was in the process of moving all of his belongings, and as he was legally bound to pay rent by signing a lease, it seems reasonable to assert that he planned on eating, sleeping, bathing, etc. at the new place in Hoboken.

But oh, noes, that makes sense, so let's "throw away the key"! That's the attitude of the whacky authoritarian left in NJ... don't believe it?

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine...omments-2.html
    Last edited by whatshappeninman; December 9th, 2010 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatshappeninman View Post
    I think this really points out the irreconcilable assertions made by the Judge and Prosecutor that the jury shouldn't have heard either about evidence that he was moving or statutory exemptions for same because there was no evidence. Morley told an interviewer that Aitken took too long and made multiple trips, and implied that he was deliberately attempting to get around transport laws so he could transport his guns around for several weeks.

In reality, Brian moved TWICE. That's still legal in fascist NJ, isn't it?

1) Leg 1. Moved from CO to his parents' place. LEGAL - protected by FOPA - end of story.

At beginning of move, he lived, ate, slept, bathed at his house in CO, had all his belongings there. At tend of move, he lived, ate slept, bathed at his parents' house, and moved all his belongings there. Sounds like a move to me!

2) Leg 2. Moved (or was moving, until he was slammed with a 7 year sentence) from his parents' place to a rental in Hoboken that he had signed a lease for along with a friend, who corroborated his move. Protected by NJSA 2C:39-6(e) - the statute clearly says WHEN MOVING. END OF STORY.

At the beginning of the move - he ate, slept, bathed at his parents' house and had all his belongings there. At the end of the move, he clearly was in the process of moving all of his belongings, and as he was legally bound to pay rent by signing a lease, it seems reasonable to assert that he planned on eating, sleeping, bathing, etc. at the new place in Hoboken.

But oh, noes, that makes sense, so let's "throw away the key"! That's the attitude of the whacky authoritarian left in NJ... don't believe it?

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine...omments-2.html
    for what it's worth.. yeah he got railroaded.. yeah NJ gun laws are BS..

but he was wrong.. he possessed in NJ.. magazines that accepted more than 15 rounds (the limit in NJ)... the hollow points come into play because he broke the first law (magazine limit) there is some kind of law in NJ that utilizes hollow points as an add on charge when doing something else that is illegal (large capacity magazines)..

fight the fight.. rally for his support.. but don't act like he didnt clearly break the law.. he did.. in NJ it doesn't matter.. 16 rounds.. 50 rounds.. or a 100 round drum.. over 15 and it is illegal..

Quote Originally Posted by vladtepes View Post
    for what it's worth.. yeah he got railroaded.. yeah NJ gun laws are BS..

but he was wrong.. he possessed in NJ.. magazines that accepted more than 15 rounds (the limit in NJ)... the hollow points come into play because he broke the first law (magazine limit) there is some kind of law in NJ that utilizes hollow points as an add on charge when doing something else that is illegal (large capacity magazines)..

fight the fight.. rally for his support.. but don't act like he didnt clearly break the law.. he did.. in NJ it doesn't matter.. 16 rounds.. 50 rounds.. or a 100 round drum.. over 15 and it is illegal..
    That does seem to be the case. Though he did consult with the NJSP, and I believe him when he says he understood himself to be compliant with NJ law when he spoke with them and began his journey.

He isn't doing 7 years for that charge, though - he's doing 7 years for illegal possession (the "dum dum" and mag cap laws are up to 18 months, he was sentenced to 9 months for those, concurrent with the 7 years).

That was also the charge he was arrested for - wrongfully if you ask me. The cops talked with the prosecutors, and they hemmed and hawed for ages, apparently trying to get their left-wing authoritarian position straight for the judge, who totally went along.

People say that he made a huge mistake returning - he believed (and was told by the police) that there would be a BOLO if he did not. The BIG mistake was consenting to the search! Huge! But it is hard to say no to the cops...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    New Jersey birthed the "Jersey Shore" and "The Real Housewives of New Jersey." (I do not really see a connection on the last few, but I was on a roll)
    Actually it explains a lot.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast