Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Safe bolt storage

I was looking for a way to safely store my CMMG .22lr kit for my AR, as well as a way to keep the original BCG safe when the CMMG kit is installed. Had some extra PVC laying around and put together a nice tube.

Yep, I know, it looks like a pipe b0mb, can't really help that. The tube is 9 1/4" of schedule 40 1.5", with an end cap and a threaded piece with a screw cleanout cap. I then cut a piece of 2" foam rubber and pushed it to the bottom and glued a piece of foam rubber to the cap.

It holds the bolt nicely inside without much of a rattle. I just thought I'd share.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Safe bolt storage

We've been making storage tubes sorta like that for 20-30 years now. Several of my kin have some buried on our various family lands. Money, valuables, documents, guns, ammo, etc.

Granddad buried 10 of them in the early '80s. He died in 1986/87, which only 7 of have been found. He left us clues as to their locations.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    We've been making storage tubes sorta like that for 20-30 years now. Several of my kin have some buried on our various family lands. Money, valuables, documents, guns, ammo, etc.

Granddad buried 10 of them in the early '80s. He died in 1986/87, which only 7 of have been found. He left us clues as to their locations.
    Have metal detector will travel ! All I would want is some pics of me and the stash

(Northumberland County)

I do something similar for my fishing rods. Keeps them from getting scratched/stepped on when not in use. I never thought to add the foam at the ends though. I do like that idea!

knight, if you don't mind me asking, what size pipe was used for storing guns? In my area, it seems like 4" is the widest diameter pipe you can find easily. I would think 4" wouldn't be wide enough for a lot of models though.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    I do something similar for my fishing rods. Keeps them from getting scratched/stepped on when not in use. I never thought to add the foam at the ends though. I do like that idea!

knight, if you don't mind me asking, what size pipe was used for storing guns? In my area, it seems like 4" is the widest diameter pipe you can find easily. I would think 4" wouldn't be wide enough for a lot of models though.
    CTD sells "burial-able" PVC tubes that are made to fit broken down AR's, etc...

ETA: these are a lot pricier than PVC but also seem like they would "stand the test of time" a little better, maybe not ::shrug::

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemD...px?sku=ZAA-250
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post
    CTD sells "burial-able" PVC tubes that are made to fit broken down AR's, etc...

ETA: these are a lot pricier than PVC but also seem like they would "stand the test of time" a little better, maybe not ::shrug::

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemD...px?sku=ZAA-250
    Look at the bottom of the description for that one. They also have a smaller 48" version of it. So much for proofreading before posting something to their site.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Just Leave it to Amos! Those crazy Amish and their smart solutions . I am doing some this weekend.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.