Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default The Lone Survivor

Hey guys long time no type! I just wanted to let you all know about a book I just read.... Its called the Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell, its quite possibly the best book I have ever read. I saw him on the O'Reilly factor promoting the Book and I thought that I would pick it up... I don't usually read for pleasure. But I am glad I picked this up. Its about 4 Navy SEALs in afghanistan that come under attack by the Taliban. 3 of the 4 man team die and he goes through telling the story about how he survived. Its a 100% true story. The team leader was accutally just awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor posthumously. I can not tell you enough how great this book is except for that it has changed my life. Infact it acctually made me tear up 3 times... pick it up and enjoy
    Gun Control means using both HANDS!!!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: The Lone Survivor

Okay I did a search and found this thread. I'm reviving it because I watched the movie twice this weekend. I want everyone to watch this movie. I wish the stories of our soldiers were told during segments of each evenings nightly news or before the movie starts in theaters.

I've watched or read about Marcus Luttrell, Adam Brown, Dakota Myer, and more. I've searched out or came across names and personal stories that break your heart, fill you with pride,respect, admiration and a desire to be the best person you can be.

The movie is Lone Survivor. Please check it out
    The media tells us all about celebrities and what ever they have going on. We should be told about the men and woman that serve and sacrifice.

(York County)

+1
    Watched the movie last weekend. Read the book this past winter. If you get the movie on DVD it's also worth checking out the "extras"!
    Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Okay I did a search and found this thread. I'm reviving it because I watched the movie twice this weekend. I want everyone to watch this movie. I wish the stories of our soldiers were told during segments of each evenings nightly news or before the movie starts in theaters.

I've watched or read about Marcus Luttrell, Adam Brown, Dakota Myer, and more. I've searched out or came across names and personal stories that break your heart, fill you with pride,respect, admiration and a desire to be the best person you can be.

The movie is Lone Survivor. Please check it out
    The media tells us all about celebrities and what ever they have going on. We should be told about the men and woman that serve and sacrifice.
    I liked the movie, until i saw him fall off the cliff and keep going.. fall 50 or so ft unto rocks and keep walking seems a bit over the top for me.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    I liked the movie, until i saw him fall off the cliff and keep going.. fall 50 or so ft unto rocks and keep walking seems a bit over the top for me.
    According to the book, it happened. I suggest reading the book too.

I read the book when it came out & when I saw that Amazon had the movie on pre-order I hit the button immediately & it arrived a day after the release date.

Good read. Good flick about one of our true heroes.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Chester County)

It just sucks Mark Wahlberg is in it. The guy is anti-2A and a prohibited person.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    It just sucks Mark Wahlberg is in it. The guy is anti-2A and a prohibited person.
    Thank you. I bought and read the book. I cant bring myself to watch the movei

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I saw a clip of an interview Luttrell has with some CNN guy. The cnn douchenozzle is saying watching it felt hopeless and senseless deaths of these men. Marcus took exception and told the guy how things are in not so many words. Wahlberg came to the cnn guys defense

(Montgomery County)

I liked the movie, but the book is MUCH better. Definitely a suggested read for everyone! He wrote it mostly to memorialize his fallen buddies and to tell the story of how brave they were and how hard they fought. Quite exciting and also very emotional.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I liked the movie, but the book is MUCH better. Definitely a suggested read for everyone! He wrote it mostly to memorialize his fallen buddies and to tell the story of how brave they were and how hard they fought. Quite exciting and also very emotional.
    Books are always better than the movie. Apparently the parents of Mike Murphy took issue with some key parts that they can't believe. Regardless of inconsistencies or Hollywood influence, I believe the events to be accurate. I have no reason to doubt what they endured, what they did for each other or the men they were and he is.

The bottom line is I want people to know about them, all of them.
    Not the media driven celebrity heroes that are worshipped for contributing bad behavior, bad choices, arrest, drunken or drug fueled escapades or whatever else gets them the spotlight.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast