Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: When is Montco Sheriffs going to obey the law?

I got mine the very same day but by law they have the ability to conduct an investigation of no longer than 45 days so they could if they wanted to make you wait a bit more.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Traveler View Post
    FWIW I've been informed that the "renewal" process is a repeat of the entire application process- start to finish.
    Nope. No BS background check card to take to local PD for renewal. I had mine renewed earlier this year and was in and out in no time. It took longer to argue with the deputies at the entrance about checking my firearm than it did to actually renew the license. (gee, they actually had to do their job for once. poor things. )

Anyone know if the new boss is the same as the old boss in Montco? (i.e. whether Ricci is as big of a douchebag as Durante was?)

(Chester County)

Ricci is only the acting sheriff until the November elections. Oddly enough, a guy by the name of Robert Dutante is seeking the Republican party's endorsement. No relation to the late sheriff John Durante.

I don't know anything about Ricci.

Article on Durante v2.0 -
    http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loca...-top-spot.html

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post
    Nope. No BS background check card to take to local PD for renewal. I had mine renewed earlier this year and was in and out in no time. It took longer to argue with the deputies at the entrance about checking my firearm than it did to actually renew the license. (gee, they actually had to do their job for once. poor things. )
    Actually, it is true if you are renewing from another county. If you already have a Montco LTCF, then it as you wrote. But when I came from Chestco with a current LTCF, I had to run through the entire process. Everytime someone I know applies, the chief is on vacation and it takes weeks. What an illegal PITA Montco is. Should have never left Chestco for this and other reasons...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    Actually, it is true if you are renewing from another county. If you already have a Montco LTCF, then it as you wrote. But when I came from Chestco with a current LTCF, I had to run through the entire process. Everytime someone I know applies, the chief is on vacation and it takes weeks. What an illegal PITA Montco is. Should have never left Chestco for this and other reasons...
    Oh, I didn't know that. I've had a Montco license ever since I started carrying. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    When will they start following the law and issuing to non-residents? When will start following the law and stop making people go to the local police for the background check? Seems like the ones not following the law is the Sheriff's dept.
    When you make him

Writ of Mandamus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12