Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default EAA Witness 10mm

Just found on of these and was wondering if anybody had any experience with one. It looks brand new and the owner is asking $350 ... any thoughts?

Default Re: EAA Witness 10mm

PM pagoda240. I think he had one of these for a while... I know he liked it, but it was expensive to feed (not a loader) and practice with.

(Delaware County)

Yeah thats really the only thing that is holding me back, the price of 10mm.

(Allegheny County)

at $350 I'd jump on it, even if I wasn't sure.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by wally36 View Post
    Just found on of these and was wondering if anybody had any experience with one. It looks brand new and the owner is asking $350 ... any thoughts?
    I don't have experience with the EAA, but I do have experience with 10mm. It's a great caliber, but hard to find and expensive if you don't reload. I reload, so that's not a problem.

The Witness in 10mm can be had brand new from around $350 to over a thousand dollars, depending on the model. Do some research first to find out if you are getting a good deal before buying.

I had a EAA Witness Compact P in 10mm. Was about the size of double stack 3 inch 1911. I sold/traded it because I could not feed it but capacity and size was awesome. Was a little bit of a handfull, will take a couple rounds to get use to the snap.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Montgomery County)

If you like the CZ-75 design but want a 10mm, I suppose they are they way to go. It's also nice that you can get caliber conversion kits. If remember correctly, you can go down on conversions, but not up.

(Blair County)

For not much more you can get a glock 20. I looked at several 10mm, almost traded for Pagoda's p witness. Bad online reviews made me shy away, been told they fixed whatever issue was cracking their slides. I got such a good deal on the glock 20 though it was hard to pass on, not to mention noone has a bad thing to say about the g20(I hated Glocks but its really growing on me). Also there are a bazillion ways to mod it. Ive added a steel guide rod and 20lb spring so far. 6" barrel and Burris red dot with rear sight mount are next up.
    Even with hot Double Tap ammo, this seems to have less recoil then my p229 in .40.
    If Sig would make a 229 in 10mm I would get it in a heartbeat...but until then I like the Glock well enough and will get a g29 for carry as my next gun.

I would need to know what the model is to be able to tell you if it is a good deal or not. I have a EAA in .45 ACP. They are ok pistols. The EAA customer service isn't stellar so if you have an issues with it you may not be happy with your treatment. From a quality standpoint the entry level ones are comparable to a Taurus. The high end versions get around the same quality as a CZ. I paid around the same price for my .45 ACP as you are looking at the 10mm for.

I have been looking at getting a 10mm, but I don't think I would pick up an EAA. For a 10mm steel frame I prefer the S&W gen 3.