Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 47 of 122 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.anderson View Post
    You where over on the rifle side mid day, correct?

I left and went to the pistol side about 1200. It was getting crowded and people where not being courteous over there.

Do you know what the Game Warder kicked folks for? Just for being idiots or where they using the range without a permit? They should ticket them if they don't have a permit.
    Yes and permits.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Yes and permits.
    I wish they would ticket/fine them. They will just come back since there were no real consequences for their actions.

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Picked up a Ruger LCR 22lr,took it apart and thinkling it could use a little polishing was surprised to see Ruger actually did it ? Maybe not but impressed with how it looked,i frogg lubed and re-assembled,took to the range and was impressed with this revolver,even though a year ago thought there was no place for a polyner revolver.accuracy was good,now even better after I white outlined the front ramp coke can hits every time with a variety of 22 ammo,Its really for the wife,she hates recoil and difficulty with arthrits,and got it used for $225.Range was empty today because of the rain so no crowds,at least when I was there.

(Luzerne County)

I was at Tobyhanna early on Saturday. Many of the boards used to hold targets were destroyed.

Tuersday should be a good day for shooting ! Hint Hint.Do some more shooting with the wifes new LCR 22lr,and my USA/Glock 19 with a few enhancements.For TOM I have those two bricks of 22s for you but I cant seem to find your #,I will be there after work. MDT

Sunday-Not as warm as I would have liked but did some shooting 9mm,22 and a Hipoint 40 I got on the cheapo,it ran good and dont think I will clean it just to see how good it will run till it has an issue so far none,went thru $80 in ammo total,it does get expensive now.Range was not too bad with crowd but the back stops and frames are pretty well shot up need to be fixed asap. Joe with the S&W 686,Glad I was there when you were having an issue with the revolver,It was a quick fix,good luck !

Range time today at 12 noon,PGC officer arrived and gave out tickets to shooter with high cap mags fully loaded and going rambo style.News 16 showed up and interveiwed Officer Gildea and inquiring about hunters and there issue that too many does have been harvested and not enough younger bucks,News 16 will air Saturday ? Met older gent with sig sauer and ruger sr 22 pistol side pleaseant and friendly but windy as all hell targets would not stay on whats left of backboards,I asked PGC officer how often do they repair he says once a week ? Me thinks some shooters are purposely shooting the wood top boards as the bottom boards are in good condition.9mm and 22 time today !

(Wayne County)

Glad to see the PGC enforcing the regs. No offence to all who follow rules but that place has been going rogue for years.

(Carbon County)

all the assholes shooting shotguns at the short range is what ruins everything. cant stand the weekends over there.

Saturday 4/26,Does not look like the target backboards were replaced,top boards get so shot up ? about 11am appox some shooter set up on the pistol side an AK with 20 round mag on the 10 yard point,we all looked at him in bewilderment before anyone could say something to him PGC drove right up to him and proceeded to do his job.Apparently this shooter was on their radar and effected several tickets,Not too many shooters at this time,shooting 22s and 9mm,general talk is there is no 22 ammo to be had unless your willing to take out a 2nd mortgage !

Page 47 of 122 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast