Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 115 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1216

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    That was me at the pistol side. I was practicing for a steel shoot. When I left those guys were still doing 30 round mag dumps on the rifle range. Didn't bother me. I was glad nobody was there.
    Its nice when you have the range to yourself. Now if PGC would allow steel targets downrange it can save them a lot of paper.

(Wayne County)

I’ll be out that way either Thursday or Friday. Bought a new Browning Hell’s Canyon Speed in 6.5 Creed that I have to get zeroed. I have a old Weatherby Ultrlight in 257 that was reliable right out of the safe. Took it to a 200 yard range and couldn’t hit paper so now I have to figure if the scope or rifle bit the bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Its nice when you have the range to yourself. Now if PGC would allow steel targets downrange it can save them a lot of paper.
    I wish. I would buy a plate rack.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Much better than a bunch of pie plates stapled to the target,lol.I always have a few extra target shilouettes if needed if you see me at the range !

(Luzerne County)

My buddy bought this for about $40; https://www.yankeethunder.com/collec...ook-target-kit

You need to buy 1" conduit from Home Depot, etc. and steel targets.

(Wayne County)

Real estate signs that you find out at the curb work real good and their all over the place.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Real estate signs that you find out at the curb work real good and their all over the place.
    been using them for years...

(Wayne County)

Range report, WHAT A FREAKIN MESS! The wisdom of the game commission amazes me. They tried to fix the road and parking area with FREAKING MUD! What a bunch of dumb shits. Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Range report, WHAT A FREAKIN MESS! The wisdom of the game commission amazes me. They tried to fix the road and parking area with FREAKING MUD! What a bunch of dumb shits. Rant over.
    There is also a New Guy on the block since PGC Gildea went to Harrisburg ! No more Volunteering until they get their shit together !

(Monroe County)

This Wednesday 11/6 had to be the worst day I've experienced at the Tobyhanna range.

I usually head there in the early morning to get some pistol shooting in and it is relatively quiet and few shooters are there and usually a good experience. But on 11/6 on wanted to try out a new Walther PPK/S pistol to get some initial rounds through it, so I stopped over about 2:30 in the afternoon. The three 10 yard spots seemed to be occupied so I brought my gear bag to the 25 yard range to wait. Lane 1 on the left had two guys shooting a pistol and the lane 3 on the right had an older gentleman (brass collector #2) shooting there. The middle lane had someone standing there who looked like he was shooting and a target was up. I was in no hurry, so I was gauging whether to set up a target at the 25 yard or to see if the shooters were wrapping up which is what I thought they may have been doing. But this is what was happening:

The shooters on the left lane one were doing some actual shooting, although at a very slow pace, BS'ing and talking on phones. The brass collector on the right would shoot a few rounds, then go to his car, come back and take his sweet time picking up the brass while having all his gear in his space. Then I realize the guy standing in the middle lane wasn't shooting and leaves leaves and I assume it is open. Brass collector was still walking around picking up casings which has me a bit miffed because he should know I may be interested in getting some shooting done and he shouldn't be picking up brass and shooting while the range is being used.

I walk over and ask if anyone is using lanes 2&3. The guys on the left say they are using lanes 1&2 and brass collector says he is using lane 3. I said OK, I'll wait. Then one of the guys from the left lane 1 pick up a 30-30 rifle and pop off a couple of rounds at the lane 2 target in the 10 round range, then walk back and talks to his buddy. After that there was a good 10 minutes or so when no shots were fired and seemed to be the norm for this group. I don't feel like shooting a small pistol at 25 yards, so I pack up and figure it was a wasted trip since these guys showed no sign they were leaving soon. In total I was there about 40 minutes.

I head back home and stop at Walmart to pick up some ammo and figure what the heck, I'll go back and maybe they'll be gone. I get back, and the pistol range is wide open. Great! No sooner than I shoot 1 magazine and a group of four 17 year old's show up and take a lane. Only one has a firearm and all 4 are taking turns shooting rapid fire, emptying complete magazines while carrying on laughing and hollering like they are at their first beer party in the woods. Another guy shows up and shoots a few magazines and leaves apparently having no patience for the young group. The kids leave to go to the rifle range and carry on the same where there was a fairly full group of experience shooters sighting in their rifles.

Bottom line was that day was a total free for all and I couldn't believe the lack of respect for the rules, distractions and possible unsafe conditions. When I go again, I'll sure stick to the morning hours. The good thing was new target backstops were installed.
    Last edited by fitz; November 8th, 2019 at 10:21 AM.

Page 115 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast