Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 75 of 122 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Quote Originally Posted by SIGFAN86 View Post
    Definitely a pucker moment realizing if shit went sideways that I'm severely under gunned, I had no cover to use other than the small concrete blocks that hold the table up, I had my wife with me who noticed but wasn't sure what to do about it, And two guys that were over on the 25yd pistol side were in the danger zone as well.
    file a report with pgc. rifle at pistol side, loaded rifle not at firing line. etc. etc. same with the kids on the berm, thats where the ricochets posted above go.
    remember a change of pants next time, and a sweat rag. GL keep safe.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    file a report with pgc. rifle at pistol side, loaded rifle not at firing line. etc. etc. same with the kids on the berm, thats where the ricochets posted above go.
    remember a change of pants next time, and a sweat rag. GL keep safe.
    I'll give them a call. I won't post the plate number on here, but I'll say it was a dark grey scion TC with pa plates

(Wayne County)

I miss the times when every person minded its own business.
    Now going to a public range is like an entertainment social club for bored old guys. They always trying to be a know everything range masters (even when they ignorant on topic), and always trying to engage in conversation with strangers. Like telling me "you have to load only 3 rounds for rifle and why would you shoot rifle at handgun side." By the by I was shooting ar pistol.
    Or Coming from two tables away to check if I shoulder ar pistol. No bitch I never do..

I'm coming there to shoot not to talk.. if I wanted to talk I would talk to my wife. Now I have to be polite and waste my precious range time explaining how this works and what this rifle is.

As of reporting someone. Why not to grab your own balls and leave your comfort zone and tell person then and there what is he doing wrong. What is the point to call and rat him out when days are past. Too much free time I guess.

And rifle on a gun side perfectly fine. Always was. Rules does not prohibit it. Sign clearly states No shotguns.

Just mind your own business, be vigilant and leave it to dot gov to police their silly rules. It's not honorable to be a snitch even when the cause as serious as mag in rifle on parking lot.
    Last edited by BB MBD; February 25th, 2017 at 02:40 AM.

The one to contact would be PGC Officer Gildea & up the ladder his district supervisor PGC Supervisor Mark Rutkowski ! They both have no tolerance for not playing by the rules and not conforming to firearm saftey ! I dislike dropping names like this but before a fatality occurrs because of saftey problems I dont think either of them would mind this post ! Until then always shoot with a buddy ! MDT

(Wayne County)

There are no signs at this range stating there is a specific rifle side or a pistol side.. The sign on Rt. 423 is the biggest problem at this range , It says "Public Shooting Range"..... It's not open to the public, one must have a hunting license or a range permit...Most likely the parents of the berm climbers and the guy with loaded rifle walking with it had neither..
    Black Olives Matter !

Quote Originally Posted by BB MBD View Post
    Now going to a public range is like an entertainment social club for bored old guys. They always trying to be a know everything range masters (even when they ignorant on topic), and always trying to engage in conversation with strangers. Like telling me "you have to load only 3 rounds for rifle and why would you shoot rifle at handgun side." By the by I was shooting ar pistol.
    Or Coming from two tables away to check if I shoulder ar pistol. No bitch I never do..

I'm coming there to shoot not to talk.. if I wanted to talk I would talk to my wife. Now I have to be polite and waste my precious range time explaining how this works and what this rifle is.

As of reporting someone. Why not to grab your own balls and leave your comfort zone and tell person then and there what is he doing wrong. What is the point to call and rat him out when days are past. Too much free time I guess.

And rifle on a gun side perfectly fine. Always was. Rules does not prohibit it. Sign clearly states No shotguns.

Just mind your own business, be vigilant and leave it to dot gov to police their silly rules. It's not honorable to be a snitch even when the cause as serious as mag in rifle on parking lot.
    Considering I had my wife with me and I had no way to ascertain this guys intentions, I was not going to confront this guy while also worrying about my wife's safety, we simply got the hell out of there, if I was alone, sure I'd have pointed out that loading up in the lot is not the right thing to do. If thinking of my wife's safety if the guy with a rifle got argumentative and escalated is being nutless, then so be it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by BB MBD View Post

WTF over?

So do you want us to STFU or stop the unsafe?

The big orange sign says no SHOT, they added the extra and no real rule sign about shotguns but you are allowed slugs.

OMG people talked to you at the range about guns. Oh the horror.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

sign states "no shotguns" but regulations do not.
    I've talked with pgc several times and they have said no shotguns outright except at shotgun(clay) range. doesn't matter rifled, scoped or smooth, slug or shot, even lead-free.
    through these conversations, they also seem to leave it at it's literal description Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun(clay) those terms designate the proper use of the lanes.
    by all means, question the shit out of them, regulations should be shorter and much more clear.

one time i was out there, a guy kept checking down his barrel to make sure he was unloaded, that kind of stupid fixes itself. no need for me to intervene. i left.
    the rest is pgc's issue.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Who is going shooting Monday before the storm ? Glock and AR time even though will be cold as a witches tit ! 12 nooner.

(Wayne County)

Your on your own, Gotta go buy milk , bread , and eggs before the SnowPocalypse !
    Black Olives Matter !

Page 75 of 122 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast