Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 71 of 122 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

was there with my brother in law last tuesday.very clean. the covering on the cinder block seats and table top was 1/2" rubber mats glued. new pressure treated and metal rails for targets. 8 groups of people 2 to 3 people each group. everyone seemed like they new what they were doing.

last time i went before that was on the weekend. never will i do that again. to crowded and dangerous. to many people.

(Lackawanna County)

Posted as Closed this morning on the GC website, but the GC office in Dallas said it was open and OK to shoot here. Took a ride up and found the range busy and clean. All 4 of the 50 yard tables occupied and a steady drum beat from the pistol side. Target backers were solid and in good condition. Little bit of brass laying around. but that will disappear quickly.

Popular NY and NJ shooting spot. 1/2 of the cars were from out of state.

(Carbon County)

I will be at the range this weekend very early to beat the out of state assholes. I usually arrive around 0700 only two people on the range that early Sal and I think Mike nice guys. I will bring my Remington 700 in 308 to test some reloads, my chrono decided it doesn't feel like working oh well. I might bring the AR15 to test some new reloads. I was there last weekend testing and all the round were within a nickle size at 50 yards not bad for a AR15.

I was at the range this past Sunday August 7. Overall it was a pretty good experience from 9am to about 11 on the rifle range. Met a few old timers using a Czech built ak with a thumb hole stock. They were asking about my sig 516 ar and they were interested in the eo tech sight I had on it. Range rules were followed. On the pistol side, not so much. A guy had a sig p320 in 40 cal and had issues with the sights being off. I offered to check it out for him and offer advice on how to remedy it. He proceeds to bring it over, sweeping two others and my friend...his reasoning was "it's not loaded, so it's ok" I tell him to treat every firearm as if it's loaded... The guys son then proceeds to walk their AR between the rifle and pistol range with his finger on the trigger...wtf is wrong with people these days
    Second scary part, three guys behind the firing line were loading up their revolvers by their cars. My buddy and I agree to call it a day.

(Monroe County)

Visited the range twice, August 6th and 8th. Arrived around 1545 on the 6th. Pistol line was full at the 7 yard line with a group that hogged up the entire line, although they didn't all shoot at the same time (so that was lame). They also looked like weren't following the cardinal rules, so we went to the rifle side. Wasn't full and there were knowledgeable shooters there that followed the rules, except for one group of two gentlemen that had a strong affinity for messing with their rifle while people were downrange, so yea, that's always fun (PUT THE GUNS DOWN PEOPLE!). Other than those displays of stupidity, it wasn't bad (nobody got shot so that's a victory, I suppose).

The 8th, that was much worse, but thankfully, nobody got hurt. Arrived in the early afternoon and checked out the pistol side. Saw that it was full of youtubers filming their antics, shooting AR pistols and I believe a rifle or two at the pistol side while pretty much being as unsafe as possible. Since we didn't want to get shot, we headed to the rifle side first. The two gentlemen near us were friendly but one of them was fairly new to shooting and his guide wasn't drilling good habits into him, so I saw him manipulating his rifle while I was putting up a target and came back and loudly said to my partner "I wonder how people would feel if I started fu**ing around with my gun while they were down range?" so maybe they got the message. We then went to the pistol side, which had cleared out, but new people came and they disregarded gun safety and range etiquette left and right. One guy and his friend called for a cease fire after every mag dump to check his target at 7 yards, which ok, I get it, you want to show off to your friend. But PLEASE DON'T WALK TO YOUR TARGET WITH YOUR BOOGER HOOK ON THE BANG SWITCH! Open the action and put the gun down, thanks. He would also proceed to brag about his guns to me, showing them off by taking them out and resting his finger on the trigger. I should have corrected him at that point, but meh, I was stupid. Another group of two people came and they behaved themselves and followed the rules, except for one tiny moment... he called for a cease fire and proceeded to walk on the range without hearing an acknowledgment. Good job buddy. Finally, the two guys that were over at the rifle side first came over and started shooting pistols. He said "range is hot" while someone was still downrange so I had to yell at him that someone was still out on the field. At some point while shooting on the pistol side, he picks up his handgun, sweeps it at the other shooters, and, after I said "woah, careful!" he said "whoops, my bad, it's not loaded or anything, but I forget to follow the rules at times" He was a nice guy, but definitely needs some real pointers before he shoots himself or someone else.

All that said, it's good to see that people are taking up shooting as a recreational hobby. Just be safe out there!

(Monroe County)

Sounds like I need to yell at people there again. I lit up a guy once for that on the rifle range so loudly they stopped shooting on the pistol also.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Omg. Reminds me why i go when it opens monday morns and on bad weather days like snowing or thunderstorms.... place can get scary as hell sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Sounds like I need to yell at people there again. I lit up a guy once for that on the rifle range so loudly they stopped shooting on the pistol also.
    Sometimes you just got to do what is needed to get someones attention ! Or yell DUCK !

(Monroe County)

Because of the "SPECIAL" folks that seemed to go to the range there I stopped using it. Getting shot at the range isn't on my bucket list. It would seem that the game officers would be around more since from what I saw when I did use the range many shouldn't have been there since it was doubtful they had range cards/permits. Between the commandos and the mess created by shooting at all types of garbage down range to include the target frames its just inst worth the chance of getting hit. I served with some dangerous folks with weapons and I felt safer with them then some of the range users. Lots of really fine folks but to many f-tards.

(Carbon County)

You have to go real early in the morning around 0700

Page 71 of 122 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast