Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 65 of 122 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

08/18/2015---Met Two acquaintances at the range 9 am pistol side seems a lot more people are getting 22 ammo as they were shooting a Ruger 22/45 and a S&W model 18 revolver good conversation and no strangers displaying un safe practices.Shot my S&W Compact 22 and Glock 43 that needs to drift the rear sight a bit but dead on otherwise.We were discussing TRUMP for President and we are all for TRUMP and talked about POLITICAL CORRECTNESS which we all agreed explaining that saying is equal to picking up a piece of shit from the clean end ! MDT

(Monroe County)

Was at the range yesterday Aug 23 Sun. around 3PM. Not crowded. A few set of people on the pistol side. On the long gun side people started showing up around 3:30 and maybe 4 benches were being used.
    Garbage was in a big bag and the grounds over all looked good. Only one thing concerned me. A guy on the pistol side where I was shooting kept shooting about 2 1/2 feet behind the bench. This put him behind me when I was shooting so I stopped, stepped back and waited. No way I am standing in front of someone shooting even though he is pointing down range.

(Lackawanna County)

I was there this afternoon, nice day to shoot. New frames and backings on the short pistol side, and they graded and stoned the area between the cement pads and the posts, as well as part of the parking lot. No trash anywhere, place looked good.
    My goal in Life is to become the kind of problem that people throw money at.

(Carbon County)

I was at the range today to test some loads I made with new powders, Benchmark and CFE 223. I arrived around 0745 hrs. The range was not that busy and I thought great day to test. I was using my Remington 700 in 308. I was on the far right but on the 2nd bench. All was good until the group next to my left arrived. They were trying to sight in some rifle with no luck but just kept on shooting and wasting ammo. Then the range started to get busy people just shooting allot of AR trying to sight them in. I was unable to finish my testing of the new loads I made, because lack of range etiquette and people just shooting for 45 minutes hitting nothing but the ground. Going to take off work during the week to test the remaining loads I made. Most of the cars where from out of state. What a waste of time today maybe during the week it will be better.

(Wayne County)

That's mostly how it is on Holiday weekends , when the other staters arrive the locals go home and come back during the week..

(Lackawanna County)

Beautiful day to shoot, one guy was leaving as I got there (2:45), had the place to myself. However, the range was as shabby as I've ever seen it. Frames cracked, backings shot to shit, and a nice size pile O' trash. I had a good day, result-wise, but it was disappointing to see it in such sad shape.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My goal in Life is to become the kind of problem that people throw money at.

Me and the wife were shooting pistol side today and she experienced her first ever and mine a SQUIB LOAD stuck halfway down the barrel.A thanks to the two gent who were shooting the rifle side and tried getting the round out of the barrel.Two gents on the pistol side said OMG a Taurus ,Thats why it happened.I tried to explain it was the ammo but they were too nervous about the whole experience.Wife is put off now a bit but her expertise told her to stop shooting when something did not seem right.For more info and Pictures go to AMMO & RELOADING Section.Needless to say this was the shortest ever range time we ever had ! MDT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MARINE DIVISION TWO; September 18th, 2015 at 05:30 PM.

(Monroe County)

Thanks for that post and especially the photos MDT.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Visited the range Monday and Tuesday, both days late afternoon. Everything was in fairly decent shape and no trash lying around. I was really only on the pistol side. They filled in some low areas on the approach to the shooting line with gravel mixture which was nice, now they need to do it between the line and the targets so you don't have to walk through mud to get there, especially after this rain we're getting now. On Tuesday I had to add a screw to one of the 2x4's on the target holders, looked like someone forgot to put one in and the board was falling off once in a while. Several shooters both days but not overly crowded and no craziness. Interesting situation Tuesday, 3 African Americans on the longer pistol side and 2 Caucasian men on the shorter side, one with a confederate flag shirt and the other with confederate flag stickers on his ammo box. Me in the middle lol. They all got on together well...thankfully. Never know how that might turn out.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Wayne County)

Glad you made it out of there in one piece... Being in between those two groups is not always a good place to be..

Page 65 of 122 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast