Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 63 of 122 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Cool Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Now my Glock 43,Exceptional,It feeds everything I put in it.Desantis mini slide works well with it ! If doing a comparison just for size it would be a Kel Tec PF 9 but 43 is a tad larger,which makes it perfect for a myriad of shooters who dont mind the lower capacity of ammo ,In truthfulness God forbid any member here got themselves into a life or death situation 8 rounds would be sufficient for protection,I am not against higher capacity mags haveing carried several 15 plus rounders for over 25 years it is a comfort level I am confident with the 43 ! I will say shop around I Paid $469 + tax & Pics and quite a few local LGSs seemed to get together and price their 43s at a minum of $589 !!! I am all for profit but when it comes to gougeing,I usually make it a practice to only use them for accessories in the future.This is not a rant but to be informative of what goes on Locally,so dont shoot the messenger,lol ! JMO/MDT

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Not too bad today. I got up there about 1130 and the rifle line was fully engaged. My son and I hit up the pistol line only yelled at 1 guy and even said sorry I don't really have a low setting for people handling (holding and looking down the sight) weps when we are down range. But he was good about it and earned my apology and trust. We hung back till noon good thing the PGC showed up on cue at 1140. They burned through a ticket book of warnings for the rifle side.

So I did ask the question about the trash barrels. NO! When they had them people loaded them up and not just with range trash so they want you to pack everything out.

I did meet Lynn- she was cleaning up the range. Kind of like it's godmother. Not a shooter or a brass rat. She brought bags and was picking up old shot shells and anything else. You see a trash bag up there chances are she's the one. She said the PGC has given her some static about leaving the bags but no real trouble.

edit-
    These were the 2 PGC that came Sunday-
    http://www.poconorecord.com/article/...NEWS/150429877
    A Monroe County man has been charged with drug possession and multiple game law violations following an investigation into several deer killed unlawfully in Tunkhannock Township, the Northeast Region Office of the Pennsylvania Game Commission announced Tuesday.

Allan D. Kides, 50, Tunkhannock Township, was charged with eight misdemeanor counts of possessing a controlled substance and a host of summary game law violations for the unlawful killing or taking of big game, unlawful possession of game or wildlife, unlawful acts concerning licenses, hunting through the use of bait, and the unlawful possession of a gray fox.

The game-law violations stem from separate incidents that occurred during the 2013-14 and 2014-15 deer hunting seasons, while the drug charges result from a warrant search of the Kides' residence

Monroe County Wildlife Conservation Officer Ryan Gildea filed the charges April 15 at the office of Magisterial District Judge Richard Claypool, Pocono Pines.
    On Nov. 3, 2014, Gildea received a tip concerning an individual who allegedly killed multiple antlered deer, using bait to draw them from State Game Lands 129 and into his backyard.

Wildlife Conservation Officers executed a search warrant on the Kides' residence later that day, and discovered the heads of an eight-point buck and a nine-point buck. Both deer were freshly killed.

Kides admitted to
    killing those bucks, as well as a six-point buck earlier in the archery deer season. He also admitted to killing two antlered deer during the 2013-14 deer season.

Hunters are limited to one antlered deer per year. Additionally, all five of the deer Kides admitted to killing were taken through the use of bait, which also is unlawful.

During execution of the search warrant, officers found a bag of glass vials containing clear liquid alleged to be illegal steroids.

Wildlife Conservation officers seized evidence of wildlife violations including the head and racks of seven antlered deer, one gray fox pelt, one crossbow, one pair of night-vision goggles, and over 85 pounds of processed venison.

Kides also has been charged by the New Jersey Department of Fish and Wildlife for falsely reporting he harvested two deer in New Jersey when, in fact, they were killed in Pennsylvania. He also has been charged in New Jersey with unlawfully procuring a New Jersey resident hunting license.

A preliminary hearing on the charges filed by the Pennsylvania Game Commission is scheduled for May 21 before Claypool.
    Good job guys!
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; April 21st, 2015 at 09:03 PM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

PGC Officer Gildea good job ! PGC Supervisor Mark Rutkowski can be proud of his Officers ! Shooting time with the Shield and Compact 22,crowded but not un obtainable to get on the bench at pistol side.I pre hung my targets on cardboard and glued some NECCOS candy disks to it giving a little cloud burst of color,got to say that the M&P line of pistols are accurate and easy to shoot ! JMO/MDT

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Range time and got to shoot a RIA Tactical 9mm,while not a big fan of 1911s this one got me hooked,no issues and now looking for one.S&W 686 time at 50 yards my old hunter still accurate after 20 years.Colt Trooper 22 in 6 inch still an attention getter whenever I take it out to shoot,maybe might put it up for sale for something else.Not a lot of people PGC came around just talked a bit and thats it for today !

(Wayne County)

Went to the range today 5/15 at 10:45 with my neighbor, great weather and few people there. 1 woman on pistol and 2 funny guys on the rifle side. We had a guy come about 11: 30 with a AR and called for a safe line, the 2 funny guys go down range, mark their target, come back a declare a hot line. The guy that showed up at 11:30 never cleared his weapon, had a live round in the chamber and I think he had no idea what happened when he fired the weapon by accident. Needless to say it scared the crap out of him where he packed up and left. Stay safe my friends.

(Monroe County)

As I yell at people there all the time up there-
    TREAT EVERY WEAPON AS IF IT'S LOADED!

Once again someone could of been shot with an "unloaded" gun.
    Glad you didn't get hurt.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lackawanna County)

I wouldn't normally consider going to the range on a weekend but I was driving by with my latest addition and I decided to stop in and give it a function test. It wasn't crowded like I expected, and I got to walk right up and get a spot. Nice.

I added a Ruger LCP for a summer carry/BUG option, and put 60 rounds through right out of the box, no cleaning or lube, and had zero issues. 50 FMJ and 10 JHP's, smooth as silk, a little snappy but controllable. It sure isn't a range gun, but I'll run enough to get comfortable with it. At least I hit paper on the short side, which is probably a little more than the intended range.

I think that's as small a gun as I would ever want to shoot.
    My goal in Life is to become the kind of problem that people throw money at.

(Monroe County)

So I've been up there a couple times in the past month since the weather broke, haven't had time to report. All great experiences, ground was a little moist to say the least the first time after the snow melt, has dried up nicely since. The condition of the target holders fluctuates from brand new to shot all to crap but it does seem that they are repairing them quickly.

That negligent discharge report was scary. Could have killed someone. Happy to hear nothing bad came of it.

About shotguns, I'm pretty sure you can shoot them with slugs on the rifle side, not at all on the pistol side. The "NO SHOTGUN" signs are only on the pistol side from what I saw. Unfortunately, the two sides of the range are not labeled "Rifle" or "Pistol" in any way shape manner or form, I guess it's up to the user to apply common sense.

Hoping to be up there a lot in the near future, hope to see some of you, still haven't hardly met anyone from this forum but I do ask when I'm there lol.

Thanks to everyone for reporting.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Watched PVT Ryan and had to take the M1 out. Also the AR.
    When I got there 2 sets of Rangers were there a set on each line cracking down. I talked to one who was also in the nav as a MA, No asshattery. Some tried to bring a shotgun and full mags. But when we warned them they took the advice. Rifle line was in good shape. Warm with light winds.

(Lackawanna County)

I got there today at 3:00 and I was the only one on the pistol side! That has never happened to me before. Brought both of the little guns today, to practice with the carry pieces. As I was loading my last two mags of the day another guy showed up, then another, just to pick up brass and shoot the shit. Beautiful day, and fun just talking to some folks.

They found 4 or 5 9mm rounds that were seated WAY too deep, someone just dumped them on the range. I found out that's why the SGC took the trash barrels away. People would dump all kinds of other junk in there, including live rounds, and the trash got burned when it was collected, so not such a good idea. At least, that's what I was told.

Backstops were in good shape when I left, but there was a lot of trash blowin' around, and plenty of rifle and shotgun shell cases on the pistol side.
    My goal in Life is to become the kind of problem that people throw money at.

Page 63 of 122 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast