Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 61 of 122 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Quote Originally Posted by yard View Post
    When I took my safety course I specifically asked the instructor if it was okay to pattern shotgun at the SGL range and he said only the ranges where shotguns are permitted. Tobyhanna is not one of them. My followup question was: then where? He said it was acceptable to set up a target on game lands following the guidelines in the hunting rules and pattern there. He didn't lay out all the rules for me then, but I've since looked them up and it's not exactly crystal clear. He did mention to clean up my mess.

As far as the no shotguns vs. no "shot" ammo, I've been through that too and was told slugs were ok. You'd better get your own confirmation on that though. Regardless of where you shoot, please remember to clean up.
    1- He needs to fired because doing that is bluntly forbidden.
    http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/pgc/...igest1415/#/19
    Your only allowed to target shoot at the ranges.

2-The same link shows the rule is muti projectile ammo, not type of firearm.
    They put up the no shotgun sign because people don't seem to need to read the orange sign so it's just easier to post the shotgun sign.

So where- Read up the posts and I say were the closest shot legal range is at. It's really a skeet range but it's better than nothing.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; March 10th, 2015 at 08:00 PM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    1- He needs to fired because doing that is bluntly forbidden.
    http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/pgc/...igest1415/#/19
    Your only allowed to target shoot at the ranges.

2-The same link shows the rule is muti projectile ammo, not type of firearm.
    They put up the no shotgun sign because people don't seem to need to read the orange sign so it's just easier to post the shotgun sign.

So where- Read up the posts and I say were the closest shot legal range is at. It's really a skeet range but it's better than nothing.

I was told that it doesn't even need to be at a shooting range, you can just got to SGL and set up a target and pattern. Target can be against a tree or anything and you need to clean up. No damage to the woods and the loads have to be hunting loads and hunting weapons so you still have to follow all hunting rules.

(Monroe County)

*sigh*
    I gave you chapter title and verse in the hunting rules for why that's a bad idea.
    I can't cut and paste it, it's on the right side 1/2 down.
    So you can PM WCO on here and ask him, or plan A where you do what the fuck you want despite that. Some of those instructors still insist you can't carry when hunting despite the chapter in the game rules that does say yes and how.
    The dirt road might be still open past the range, go up on Sat, drive up a bit, set up, start blasting. Let us know how it turns out for you. Be sure to inc fines and hunting lic susp times.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

If you don't like the link Rosco provided , which goes straight to the Hunting and Trapping Digest, here is a link to SGL range stuff on their website http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=937862&mode=2. As both yard and Rosco said , it does not restrict by firearm type but my projectile type.

(Monroe County)

The following copy/paste is from page 19 of the 2014 2015 hunting digest. The page is titled "State Game Lands Regulations" It is a bullet point under "the following activities are prohibited:"
    . Exercise of
    privileges shall be done in a manner as to not cause injury to
    persons or property, or on areas not otherwise posted closed to those
    activities.

I added the bold.

I don't mean to stir up trouble or be contrary, but the above seems to support what the instructor told me when I asked.

(Monroe County)

next para has except at ranges it has to be a "hunting gun" with hunting lic so ok it seems to ok it but not during hunting season. See page 29, "random shooting" I would like to put this to the PGC before I put it to a test.

Nevermind the weather going to sux balls on wed to go shooting.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; March 17th, 2015 at 07:32 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Another fine day at Toby. In the last week someone fixed the frame on the short pistol side and replaced the backing. You could build a shed out of all the steel cases laying around, and it really needs a trash can or two, but those are minor issues. I met a very nice couple with a pile of nice guns, got to try a Sig P320, Ruger SR9c and an LC9s, and gave them a taste of the PPX. The LC9s has a much better trigger than the previous model I handled, I imagine the Pro is even nicer without the mag disconnect.

(Carbon County)

I was thinking going on Sunday to try my reloads in 308. Is the backing on the 100 and 200 are they in good shape. Do they still have the rule at noon you can start shooting. I will have my chrono with me to test these little guys.

(Monroe County)

Yes the Noon rule still applies. Also the rifle benches are 50/100yds. Not 1/200 just a heads up.

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Got some shooting time in today a few guys at the pistol side sighting in ARs,yep at the 7 yard line,they were being safe so I have no issues,one shooting a sccy and a S&W sigma.Glock time for me today and 10/22 time also,plenty of 22 ammo to go around,just because everytime I spotted it at wally world I would pick up a box.Muddy as all getup and impressed other shooters with my system of pre-posted targets on cardboard,made for easy clean up also,next time i will wear my boots !

Page 61 of 122 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast