Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 60 of 122 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Quote Originally Posted by PoconoJo View Post
    OK Folks, haven't been on here or at the range in a while but a close friend of mine was up there shooting and saw THIS happen. Brand new gun, the guy was using a sight bore to sight in the scope at home and forgot to take it out before he went to the range. Unbelievable the damage done. Beware at all times. This was an honest mistake by an experienced shooter, accidents happen (due to negligence...)! Luckily no one was hurt. Photo Taken 11/29/2014
    Holy Cow! Never do that. It's amazing no one was hurt. The rifle almost looks like a crossbow now. I've heard that checking for barrel obstruction is the most commonly overlooked pre-firing check.

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

FEBRUARY 23,2015...............Anyone been to the range in Tobyhanna as of late ? What are the conditions of parking & backboards ? Want to venture out there this week Thursday or Friday for some shooting time.

(Wayne County)

OK Folks, haven't been on here or at the range in a while but a close friend of mine was up there shooting and saw THIS happen. Brand new gun, the guy was using a sight bore to sight in the scope at home and forgot to take it out before he went to the range. Unbelievable the damage done. Beware at all times. This was an honest mistake by an experienced shooter, accidents happen (due to negligence...)! Luckily no one was hurt. Photo Taken 11/29/2014
    Damn there goes 700 hundred bucks. Glad everyone was OK, he can use it now to make a table out of it. Joe, you know the caliber?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    FEBRUARY 23,2015...............Anyone been to the range in Tobyhanna as of late ? What are the conditions of parking & backboards ? Want to venture out there this week Thursday or Friday for some shooting time.
    It's stormed or is too cold! I have a .22 I cleaned for a friend I need to test fire but at 0 .22 lube caused to many issues I'll go back when it gets warmer.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Delaware County)

Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds > Firearms

[Want to Sell]: Gently used rifle and sight bore. Make offer!

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Monroe County)

I heard that as long as I have a current hunting license, that I can target practice and pattern a 12g shotgun on SGL. Can I do that on the SGL where this range is?

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds > Firearms

[Want to Sell]: Gently used rifle and sight bore. Make offer!

You like kicking a guy when he's down, your not right in thd head Gman. He probably saved all year for that, but your funny.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by hurst1979olds View Post
    I heard that as long as I have a current hunting license, that I can target practice and pattern a 12g shotgun on SGL. Can I do that on the SGL where this range is?
    If you have a hunting license you can shoot here. No multiple round projectiles though. That means you can shoot slugs, according to the posted rules and the game warden, but there are signs someone posted that any no shotguns. I would call the SGL rep that is working the day you want to shoot the shotgun a dn confirm they are okay with you shooting slugs. We called about 4 months ago and they said it was fine...but the no shotguns signs are still up.

(Lackawanna County)

Got out there today, finally - it's been a long-ass, suck-ass winter.

The frame on the short pistol side is cracked pretty badly, but it wasn't too messy (like I bet it will be if we get rain tomorrow). Was not crowded when I was there (3:45-4:45).

I'm consistently a little left with the Shield (only second time out with it), but right on with the PPX. Man, I really like shooting that sucker. First time firing Freedom Munitions 9mm, no issues at all.

A good day, all in all.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.anderson View Post
    If you have a hunting license you can shoot here. No multiple round projectiles though. That means you can shoot slugs, according to the posted rules and the game warden, but there are signs someone posted that any no shotguns. I would call the SGL rep that is working the day you want to shoot the shotgun a dn confirm they are okay with you shooting slugs. We called about 4 months ago and they said it was fine...but the no shotguns signs are still up.
    When I took my safety course I specifically asked the instructor if it was okay to pattern shotgun at the SGL range and he said only the ranges where shotguns are permitted. Tobyhanna is not one of them. My followup question was: then where? He said it was acceptable to set up a target on game lands following the guidelines in the hunting rules and pattern there. He didn't lay out all the rules for me then, but I've since looked them up and it's not exactly crystal clear. He did mention to clean up my mess.

As far as the no shotguns vs. no "shot" ammo, I've been through that too and was told slugs were ok. You'd better get your own confirmation on that though. Regardless of where you shoot, please remember to clean up.

Page 60 of 122 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast