Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 59 of 122 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Got there around 2 today, surprised it wasn't more crowded. Walked right up to the table, met a few fine gentlemen and had another productive day. I'm getting better groups with the PPX as I gain more experience, and I'm happy with my results and progress.

I must have a little luck, because I've never run into any real asshats. One guy today decided to start shooting without any warning but it was as I was leaving, and I don't know if he was oblivious or ignorant.

I have to say, I've learned something every time out. I really appreciate all the input from other shooters, and hope they enjoyed the exchanges as much as I did.

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Not my cup of tea to normally go to the range when its this cold but had to go do some shooting.No one there except for some guys sitting in their cars contemplating the cold.Had my magazines all loaded and pre-posted my targets for a quick set-up.Shot 200 rounds and called it a day and off to Spankys in Newfoundland for a hot breakfast.Now off to work.

(Monroe County)

Sounds like a good shoot. I was out there yesterday. Picked up the brass at a few firing points and piled it up a picked up a little trash. It was a mess out there yesterday. Did it look any better today?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.anderson View Post
    Sounds like a good shoot. I was out there yesterday. Picked up the brass at a few firing points and piled it up a picked up a little trash. It was a mess out there yesterday. Did it look any better today?
    In cold weather I pre-hang my targets on cardboard makes for a quick set-up and take down when finnished. MDT

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    In cold weather I pre-hang my targets on cardboard makes for a quick set-up and take down when finnished. MDT
    I pre-hang on cardboard even when the weather is nice. It's easier than dealing with the often shot to Hell backing material. If the backing is sound, I staple to it. If it is not, I staple the top of the cardboard to the top crossbar and have the targets hanging in front of the shot up backing.

(Monroe County)

Well I though I would post an away visit. I was going to be down in Allentown and needed to put a few rounds through the mossy so I hit up the range off of Rt100. SGL 106 I think. It was my old stomping grounds long time ago. They have one of the dew approved shotgun ranges. PENDOT finally fixed the bridge to come in from the road past the zoo.
    It was 17 out burr. There were a few people trying to skeet. I put a box through it and got my reloads better.
    I kept to the 3 round rule, but looking at the rules- they go over at the rifle and pistol ranges but nothing about non single shot on a designated shotgun or "clay" range.
    hummm
    http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=937862&mode=2
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

I'm going to send a few down the pipes tomorrow, been a while for at least two of my rifles and want to get the juices flowing. Anyone looking to head out too, I will take along some extra silhouettes . . . it's supposed to be above freezing and sunny.

Funny, some have mentioned how they use a cardboard backer when they go to this particular SGL range, and I agree, but I found a funny trick when I shot on a very rainy day this summer. Just dip your target into one of the (many) puddles at the range and they will stick fast to (what's left of) the backer. I was chuckling at how well it worked when I did it, also at how I didn't care since it was my G21 in my hand and not something more rust-prone. Also learned how it goes reloading and staying on target in the pouring rain.

Anyway, I will take along some extra silhouettes, so if you are there in the afternoon and ask me for one, I'll know you saw this. Enjoy the sunny break to cabin season.

Freezing & Sunny ? Not to mention the 8 plus inches we got today !Think I will wait my next range visit till March ! MDT

(Monroe County)

Same freezing and sunny. Slight wind. Some people at the pistol range. The cold was screwing up my .22s. Cold lube was causing feed/extracting issues. I packed up early. No asshats but a NY plate that had their forester parked in the middle of lot instead of pulling up. On the plus side a couple of guys came over and asked if there was a skeet range. I told about the range I talked about above. They then asked about slugs. I know they say no shotgun but the rule is really no "shot" I said sure. I took the long way out as a excuse to put the 'burb in 4 high and get some snow stick time. Looks like I'll get to put it to use.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

OK Folks, haven't been on here or at the range in a while but a close friend of mine was up there shooting and saw THIS happen. Brand new gun, the guy was using a sight bore to sight in the scope at home and forgot to take it out before he went to the range. Unbelievable the damage done. Beware at all times. This was an honest mistake by an experienced shooter, accidents happen (due to negligence...)! Luckily no one was hurt. Photo Taken 11/29/2014
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PoconoJo; January 30th, 2015 at 09:55 AM.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Page 59 of 122 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast