Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 58 of 122 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

I was at the Tobyhanna range this morning. Nice day for shooting. Met a few nice guys while sighting in my new Ruger American and just having fun throwing lead down range through my 6920.

Quote Originally Posted by harp28 View Post
    Just got back from my first visit to Tobyhanna, what a nice day !! Met a few very nice gentlemen and one very nice lady, saw some impressive iron, and noticed a distinct improvement in my results. All in all, an excellent day.

One guy had a brutal jam on a Springfield XD, they couldn't even budge the slide. That's gotta hurt.

My little POS Kel-Tec keeps eating everything and spitting out the seeds, pretty much on paper. I know most don't care for them, but it's as good as I am. You have to start some place.
    my kel-tec is most definatly not a POS and is low left the same as anything i shoot :/
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Wayne County)

Hope to be there tomorrow to sight in my new Browning in 264 win mag. Then its off to Hammerjax for burgers and beer for lunch.

(Lackawanna County)

Another nice (and chilly) day at Toby. Rubber backings are getting pretty chewed up on the 10 yard, no idea how often they get changed. Once again, I met some real nice folks, and got to shoot a very nice Ruger, which made me hate the trigger on my P11 all over again. That will have to be remedied if I decide to keep the gun.

(Wayne County)

Got there at 10:45am, 1 guy on the pistol range and 2 guys packing up and leaving on the rifle range. Alittle windy but the Browning did well on its first outing, 1 1/4 high at 100 with a 130grain accubond puts it dead on at 200. Speed was 3098 fps and strange thing was, as barrel got dirty speed fell off alittle. Oh well itwill go with me to Maine.

Pistol side was packed at 1:30pm waited a bit will come back in a few hours ,50 yard line was also packed with waiting times,so much for going here in the middle of the week !

(Monroe County)

Cold no wind today. But no trip is complete with out some asshatery.
    Pistol side was not too full, rifle was packed.
    #1 guys banging away with shotguns at the pistol range. 1 stopped to quote a rule to a woman, I of course said while your at it shotguns are not allowed here, hit the range off of Rt100 in Allentown.
    The signs are not here and I checked on line its ok- So you don't see a speed limit sign it's autobaun time?
    BTW according the signs posted (pointing) no mutli projectile ammo sane as on-line.
    My son and did get good shooting in. then.....
    2 Elmer Fudds and son? show up. Coldrange people are coming back Elmer picks up rifle and fiddles with it handing it off to the younger guy.
    I point out it's a cold range could he please put it down and not handle weapons when in said cond.
    -it's not loaded....
    yea how many people get killed by "unloaded" guns?
    -I was just handing it to him
    That's handling!
    (to the younger guys credit he had a look of holy crap someone is telling the old man off WTF do I do..) He just placed it pointing up on his foot cradling it . By this time things were about to go hot so I let it slide.
    Elmer # 2 then chimes in with -what authority do you have here?
    Same as everyone- on a range everyone is a safety officer and can call out violations.
    back to the 1st guy same BS about not loaded and handing I know what I'm doing,
    So again, I explain gun 101 inc don't point at anything you don't want to shoot you have it in your hand your now pointing it, fine would he like me to clear my pistol in his direction? *no answer*
    So #2 comes back with asking if I have a hunting lic.
    LOL really, yes it's right in ammo can on the bench would he like to see it?
    That seemed to satisfy his question.
    I need to quit going there.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Cool Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

You dont need to stop going there,The asshats need to get educated or admonished in front of their guests.I get exactly what this situation is and frustratation that other gun owners do not exhibit safe handling practices or range rules.I try to go to the range with my buds or others that I know but not always possible.In a perfect world PGC could have showed up and given the father of the boy a lecture and warning,or a swift kick in the ass from our PGC Supervisor ! MDT

(Monroe County)

Rosco , I should have guessed you were a member here as well. My brother and I were next to you on the 50yard range early on and then talking to you as we left. It was nice meeting you. I passed along the info on the marksmanship team to my son.

Don't let the knuckleheads keep you away.

(Monroe County)

Yea that was me.
    Your welcome. I was wondering if I should ask if you were on here.
    People like you do a lot to balance out the asshats up there. I would shoot with you anytime.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 58 of 122 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast