Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 57 of 122 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    No new shutdown for 10/23. Any chance your going to go up there MARDIV 2? I would like to meet you.
    I will try for the 23rd later if not raining alternate is 24th but again late afternoon and if the rain has stopped.I need to zero in two rifles and some more fun with the S&W 22 compact.Looking forward to meeting you also,It would be great if we regulars at the range could setup some sort of meeting,even once a month ? MDT

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Hey guy's big thread lots of pages to go through so I am just going to jump in and ask a few questions. I checked out the State game web site and see I need to get a hunting license which I am getting after my education course next month or buy a yearly pass for $30.00 which seems more then reasonable.
    Correct
    Are they any caliber or firearm restrictions at the range, Can you CC your pistol as one would normally do (I am sure drawing and firing is a no no), and are the rifle lanes benched shooting only?
    Slugs only in shotguns; numerous shooting benches on rifle range; no prohibition against drawing and firing, abide by safe principles just like everything else
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Thanks for the information.

(Monroe County)

Go figure, range was empty today. One guy guy used the pistol range a bit and the PGC swung by no issues. Windy and bit of rain. Got my hunting sight in done.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Go figure, range was empty today. One guy guy used the pistol range a bit and the PGC swung by no issues. Windy and bit of rain. Got my hunting sight in done.
    It figures,lol. Try to get there the 24th in the later afternoon. MDT

Made it to the range today 3:30pm,windy but not crowded,no PGC,one set of shooters rapid fireing 10-20 rounds,other than that a family was doing some shooting,nice to see the young ones being taught about firearms and saftey,kudos to that family. Sighted in the 270 and 22 rifles and S&W compact 22,a very accurate little handgun hitting tennis ball size targets at 15 yards consistently and great trigger also ! MDT

(Monroe County)

Heading out this morning to do a little familiarization with. G-3 clone with my son, will see what the weather and the condition of the range is and report, hopefully since its a Monday it won't be to crowded.

(Monroe County)

Got back a short while ago, no many folks out there, the few that were shooting we're OK. The target frames looked to have been replaced recently, the backing is a rubber material which doesn't like my staples so next time I need some duct tape. Put about 60 rounds down range witn the G3 clone and about 21 with the Fr8' on the rifle side. Wet over to the hangun side and my sone put about 100 rounds down range with his 45 all in all a good day the weather was great. Light wind and the range didn't look like the aftermath of a drive by. I might make it out tomorrow with the wife so she can put some rounds down range.

Beautiful day early visit to the range encountered no one there,Did some fine target shooting with the wife and then on to Spankys in Newfoundland for a country breakfast and nary one tourist,just good conversation with locals all the while O/Cing.

(Lackawanna County)

Just got back from my first visit to Tobyhanna, what a nice day !! Met a few very nice gentlemen and one very nice lady, saw some impressive iron, and noticed a distinct improvement in my results. All in all, an excellent day.

One guy had a brutal jam on a Springfield XD, they couldn't even budge the slide. That's gotta hurt.

My little POS Kel-Tec keeps eating everything and spitting out the seeds, pretty much on paper. I know most don't care for them, but it's as good as I am. You have to start some place.

Page 57 of 122 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast