Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 52 of 122 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Wink Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Those rubber backings are the worst to tack paper on,I use cardboard with my targets already attached and then staple the cardboard to the franem if there is anything left of it to staple to,and always take it down when done !

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Those rubber backings are the worst to tack paper on,I use cardboard with my targets already attached and then staple the cardboard to the franem if there is anything left of it to staple to,and always take it down when done !
    I wouldn't call them rubber, they remind me of slip sheets on ice pallets. I'm waiting for a minox scope to be repaired and shipped back and I'll be out that way hopefully by the 16th.

(Wayne County)

Duct tape is your friend.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Monroe County)

Thinkin of heading to range EARLY sat morning around 8:30 before looney tunes get there like last time I was there. Anyone thinking of shooting let me know. thx, Joe

(Monroe County)

Was at the range most of the morning today on the pistol side. The target frames are a bit beat up but the other firers there where cordial and safe. I know it is old news but whomever stole the trash cans about a month ago has not returned them. To bad people chose to do that sort of stuff.

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Got to do some shooting with my 17HMR & 40s&w pistol backboards still not up to par.Met some ladys having trouble loading a revolver,they reluctantly showed me the revolver and quicky saw that they were trying to shoot 357 magnums out of a 38spl only gun,I still dont think they believed me when I said the cylinder would not close,they said it needed to be forced ? Some people you can lead them to water but they still wont drink it,right !
    Last edited by MARINE DIVISION TWO; July 15th, 2014 at 04:55 PM.

(Bucks County)

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Hello all,

I was at the SGL range this morning around 11 am. There was a man and woman there shooting a .45 ACP to my left. No real issues except I fired a few mags and then began to police the brass to my side/back. As I looked up I see the woman whispering something to the guy and all a sudden they start picking up brass all around them. HA! I guess they either didnt know the rules or normally dont care. Peer pressure maybe...or not??

Anyhow the range is really beat up, but you can still shoot there w/no issues - except where did all the trash cans go? I took mine w/me, but jeez....really state budget cuts that bad?

For the $30 bucks a year I pay for the supposed maintenance and upkeep...somebody is getting rich and ripped off.

Oh well! It's nice to be back in rural county!! OC'in everywhere this week!!!

SGM

Got to do some shooting with my 17HMR & 40s&w pistol backboards still not up to par.Met some ladys having trouble loading a revolver,they reluctantly showed me the revolver and quicky saw that they were trying to shoot 357 magnums out of a 38spl only gun,I still dont think they believed me when I said the cylinder would not close,they said it needed to be forced ? Some people you can lead them to water but they still wont drink it,right !
    Dont know how i forgot to mention the Old Lady there picking up brass for her significant other using one of those hand held snatching devices,I just laughed it off till my targets were up and ready and she started to pick brass between the bench rest and my targets ! I had to ask her to get out of my line of fire,all she did was looked exasperated at me then looked to her friend and then moved on out ! How the hell did I forget to mention that ?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by sgmwatkins View Post
    Hello all,

Anyhow the range is really beat up, but you can still shoot there w/no issues - except where did all the trash cans go? I took mine w/me, but jeez....really state budget cuts that bad?

For the $30 bucks a year I pay for the supposed maintenance and upkeep...somebody is getting rich and ripped off.

Oh well! It's nice to be back in rural county!! OC'in everywhere this week!!!

SGM
    I noticed that the trash cans were missing about 6 weeks ago. I an guessing someone stole them or destroyed them and the SGL folks are tired of buying replacement ones.

(Bucks County)

The State Wardens should place a shiny new trash can at the range and stake it out.......maybe they will catch them bad guys in the act.

Page 52 of 122 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast